SFP+ write codes

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Does anyone have any lists of 4-byte hex write codes for optic reprogramming?

For some generic no-names out of china i've found the two following work with some suppliers.
00 00 00 00
12 34 56 78

While some 3rd party suppliers off up their own SFP programmers, I've been stuck a few times now needing to do offline reprogramming and their cloud-connected programmer turns into a paperweight.

• Haha
Reactions: tinfoil3d

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Cloud-connected programmer, what a crazy times we live in... I know what you're talking about, saw several chinese vendors offfering chrome-powered usb patchers. But cannot advise on anything. Never tried. I have a vague memory of fs claims the hp-coded modules they sell are different and cant be reprogrammed or something. What are you trying to code it for and what's your module from?

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Cloud-connected programmer, what a crazy times we live in... I know what you're talking about, saw several chinese vendors offfering chrome-powered usb patchers. But cannot advise on anything. Never tried. I have a vague memory of fs claims the hp-coded modules they sell are different and cant be reprogrammed or something. What are you trying to code it for and what's your module from?
HP compatible optics have an extra chip compared to everyone else. HP optics can be coded to Cisco/Juniper/Palo/ect but not the other way around. Just looking at changing the optic revision coding to a more recent revision (J9151A to J9151E and J9150A to J9150D mainly).

Reactions: tinfoil3d