Server Rack: HP 10642 G1, Can it use G2 panels?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
I'm missing one of my side panels for a HP 10642 G1 server rack. The G2 rack has 3 piece side panels vs the 1 piece with the G1. Does anyone know if I can use the G2 kit or easily convert to using G2s as I can't find a right side panel for it? They are mostly identical racks. Thought maybe someone here would know

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I tried quickly a few weeks ago the same.
Looks like it fits but the tabs that they hang on seem to need moving to match. The tabs/brackets also were not on all my racks and not included in the old 3 part panel kits.

At the time I just did not want to spend the time to move the bracket so if you do get it to work please report back as I am interested to know.

My racks are all 10842 (800 wide) but I would assume identical for side panels as the 600 wide racks.

Reactions: Gene

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
Thanks for the info Evan. It will probably be a while until I try. I just managed to wrestle the rack down into the basement today actually. Heavy thing even with all the doors, fans, sides removed. It would take four people to get it out. Next house is going to have a walk-in basement for sure. When I get a G2 panel kit here I'll make it work. My family has a full metal shop so I can fabricate what I need. If I have to do that, I'll make a few sets extra