Seek some expert advise here for my weird PSU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I am a CG designer who use GPU rendering. I have built a workstation with 4XGTX 1070 in it. The motherboard I use is Supermicro X10DRG-Q. The WS runs on Corsair AX1500i PSU. I recently found that my GPU rendering benchmark score in Octane Bench is really low. The normal score is 500+ but I just got 390. I moved the same four graphic cards to another workstation I can get 500+ score. So no problem on my GPUs. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what happened. I guess I found the reason (not exactly).

Please look at the two screen captures below. The upper one is in a i7 Win10 based machine. The score is absolutely normal - 500+. The bottom picture is in the server machine - "~390". Please look at the places I have circled with blue color. The GPU core clock, memory clock, and GPU load show very continuous shape - no drop (GPU load a little but not too much). However if you look at the one below. The graph is not continuous. The drops are very frequent!

Comparison_SMALL.png

Then I also check the PSU performance graph I found that very interesting the PSU power out drop suddenly and then go back to normal. Could all the problems caused by my PSU?

The image below shows tow different PSU - one is AX1200i and the other is AX1500i. Mine is 1500i. The AX1200i image was downloaded from a web search. You see the difference!

AX1200i.png AX1500i drops.JPG

Does anyone know if the Supermicro X10DRG-Q has some sort of setting that makes my PSU drop frequently like that? I know this forum folks are usually very familiar with server system. Thank you!