Security/Antivirus

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Jan 24, 2020
Hi all, what do we all use as security on our servers?

I have server 2016 essentials with Symantec endpoint due to run out in 6 months and am starting to think about replacement or renewal.
also have 10 windows pc's/virtual machines.

Chris

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
my personal favourite is comodo internet security (antivirus, firewall and more) under windows 10.
i guess you can install it under win server, too.

and it is free. no payment, no ads

nasi

Feb 25, 2020
I'm totally fine with build-in security in Windows since Windows 7. No need for even more resource hungry and privacy concerning software. I'm using only a few Windows systems to be honest but also never had a real security issue.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
im also looking for new AV software for my home systems. I need 10 license count plus one win server. I currently have Avast business but lately i havent been impressed with them. IDK what they are doing but support has sucked and they are removing features, etc.

I know Norton and Mcafee in the past have sucked. i will consider a small business av solution as well if it doesnt cost crazy money. I am reviewing some of the reviews at AV-TEST | Antivirus & Security Software & AntiMalware Reviews to see what their testing shows as well.

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
I don't use antivirus on my servers. The reason is quite simple, they have too many security and performance issues. Windows server is secure enough.
Note that none of my windows servers are exposed on the internet. They are all firewalled.

Reactions: Fritz

GabyBoyn

Oct 18, 2020
US
When using secure methods to ensure the reliable operation of your business, I use two-factor authentication of users with the generation of one-time passwords through universal security tokens. later, roundcube email provides additional reliability and makes this approach very convenient for users of any level.