Searching Gigabyte server in europe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ienien77

Oct 9, 2021
France
aeut.tech
Hi,

So as you might have seen with the title of this post, i would like to find Gigabyte server for my friend (or for me if it's not too expensive).

Unfortunately, i live in europe (in France near Paris) and when i search on ebay for Gigabyte server i don't find many.

Do you have any website to buy Gigabyte server that are not 10 yo one ? Or any people i can contact to have one ? My friend would have like to have one with 2.5" drive tray but i don't really care.

Furthermore if you, by any chance know someone (in France) who is about to trow server or server stuff my friends and I would be more than happy to talk with you to avoid it being transformed in e-waste by giving them to people who like me and my friend, want to build themselves their own homelab at home to discover network.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Fortunately, i live in europe
There... I fixed it for you :cool:

Sona (in germany) will sell you servers from Gigabyte, here is a link:

Is there a good reason why it needs to be Gigabyte?
If you expand your scope to other vendors such as Supermicro (which in my opinion is better than Gigabyte), you may find more deals.

Ienien77

Oct 9, 2021
France
aeut.tech
Is there a good reason why it needs to be Gigabyte?
If you expand your scope to other vendors such as Supermicro (which in my opinion is better than Gigabyte), you may find more deals.
HI,
First thanks for the link, my friend told me that Gigabyter servers weren't as popular as Dell or HP here in Europe that's why I though we were unfortunate to live in Europe.
And the reason it need to be Gigabyte is a little long to explain, but I will make it short.

I have a friend who have at home a 24u rack full of Dell server, he is a fan of Dell servers.
He also have a 42u with two M1000e in it (for now they are not full but one day or an other they will be).
My friend also have a 1u Supermicro server but it's not the most recent one.
And on why it need to be Gigabyte, it's because he simply want one for the design maybe (for me it's not the ugliest one).

Anyway I'll sent him the link of the website.
Thanks

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Ienien77 you should find Gigabyte server resellers quite easily, for example, Scaleway has a lot of Gigabyte servers in their datacenters ;)
Some resellers: GIGABYTE Servers - Rack Server

fp64

Jun 29, 2019
straying slightly into politics, the main reason for the relative
scarcity and high prices of secondhand server hardware (arguably vat
may not have been the big influence) in europe was the naivety that
the eu officials (and governments) showed in signing the "safe harbour"
agreement and in foolishly trying to replaced it with the "shield" but they
are now caduc thanks to the austrian gent's (schrems?) successful
challenge of both at the ecj.

had these two agreements not been signed, the u.s. companies wanting
to operate within the eu would have been forced to build their
detatcenters within the union. the trickle down after each replacement
cycle would have made for a lively secondhand market.
--

Ienien77

Oct 9, 2021
France
aeut.tech
Ienien77 you should find Gigabyte server resellers quite easily, for example, Scaleway has a lot of Gigabyte servers in their datacenters ;)
Yeah, i see that they have many in their Datacenter. I visit DC5 few weeks ago, it was open to public. Sadly they are still in production, but who knows, maybe i could have one when they will remove them :)

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Yeah, i see that they have many in their Datacenter. I visit DC5 few weeks ago, it was open to public. Sadly they are still in production, but who knows, maybe i could have one when they will remove them :)
I was there too!
You can check innopart eBay store, they regularly sell old Scaleway hardware ;)