Seagate / Xyratex OneStor SP2424S 4U 24 Bay - SAS to SATA Interposer Board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
I recently purchased a Seagate / Xyratex OneStor SP2424S 4U 24 Bay JBOD to use with my LSI Raid 9266-8i card.

I want to use the Xyratex OneStore SP2424S with Western Digital RED Sata Drives, so I realize I need to purchase SAS to SATA Interposer Boards.

I see many of these available on eBay, I just dont know which ones are compatible. Can anyone help provide the model numbers or URLs to versions that should work with this setup?

Thank you!

mr44er

Feb 22, 2020
Late for the party...
you only need interposers if you connect more than one server (dualpath, anyway SATA600 gives only 300MBit/path with interposer) or your canister forces the JBOD to beep with SATA inserted.
The ones with LSI chip (LSI should be the only one that produces them) with fw 2XXX should work. If the tray from another brand vendor looks the same, then all interposers should work, even from a NetApp.
SATA600 and one server can work, but only without interposer and only if it stays stable.

...but I guess you now know all that. :)