Seagate 4TB Constellation HDD ES.3 7200RPM for $29

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
hmm no comments from the last year.... too good to be true imho... i think it's a hacked account until someone here can confirm it's a good seller.

Northern

Dec 2, 2015
IMHO 99.9 % not going to happen
28 USD with free shipping from UK to USA LOL yea right !

Waq

Apr 11, 2016
hmm no comments from the last year.... too good to be true imho... i think it's a hacked account until someone here can confirm it's a good seller.
Interesting. How about Ebay guarantee?

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
Interesting. How about Ebay guarantee?
paypal's protection works fine. if you didn't receive anything in 1 week or 2, you can open a dispute and transform it to a reclaim. It can take few days but i always win my reclaims. (just one i had to re-open it after a disadvantage close).

If i remember correctly you have a things like 45 days for open the dispute.
And after it was opened you have 20 days to transform it to reclaims.
It's maybe wrong now since paypal may change their policies.

Reactions: Waq

Waq

Apr 11, 2016
paypal's protection works fine. if you didn't receive anything in 1 week or 2, you can open a dispute and transform it to a reclaim. It can take few days but i always win my reclaims. (just one i had to re-open it after a disadvantage close).

If i remember correctly you have a things like 45 days for open the dispute.
And after it was opened you have 20 days to transform it to reclaims.
It's maybe wrong now since paypal may change their policies.
Thanks for the info. I might have bound my $58 for a couple of months.

Last edited:

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
So the location in the UK is Sheltland - which is the group of islands North of the Scotland mainland where there are considerably more sheep than human beings. The seller hasn't sold anything for over a year prior to this. Its DodgeCity.

Waq

Apr 11, 2016
me too haven't received Paypal confirmation yet.

Edit: Got Paypal confirmation after a minute.

Last edited:

MBS

Apr 25, 2016
Why do people buy these obviously fake auctions? They just give the scammers more reasons to make these fakes in the first place.

NashBrydges

Apr 30, 2015
Wow! I've heard of too good to be true but... Gonna wait and see if the seller gets shut down or someone confirms this is valid.

NashBrydges

Apr 30, 2015
I don't think any of us can tell you what you should do but I'm just too risk adverse to even bother. The shipping alone would be around what they are asking for the drive so there's $0 even if they got the drives for free "somehow".

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
You are right. I request seller cancel through ebay and then cancelled payment through paypal. Too much risk. And I need drives so I dont want to fight for the money if it goes sideways.

Good luck to those with a stronger constitution than I.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I hit buy. I thought they were 1TB drives. 4TB yikes. Did anyone report this yet?

Waq

Apr 11, 2016
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit theResolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Got this message in my Ebay a/c. What is it mean?

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
Listing cancelled. Received a message indicating sellers account may have been compromised. Start refund procedures gentleman.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
Made an order just in case it is legit for some wierd reason. What does this mean?

The listing is taken off ebay.

So if you have paid with paypal, go to your pay pal account, and click the 'Cancel' link like the one above.
The money will be immediately transferred back to your credit card.

I placed an order for 6 (I know, just in case if it was legit. :) ). After clicking 'Cancel', this is the message:

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
6 Seagate 4TB Constellation HDD ES.3 7200RPM SATA ST4000NM0033
Item # 272226622328 $171.72 USD
Amount $171.72 USD

Order Description:
Shopping Cart
Item Total:
$171.72 USD
Sales Tax:

Shipping:
$0.00 USD

Total amount:
-$171.72 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$171.72 USD
Date:
Apr 28, 2016
Time:
13:52:18 PDT
Canceled

Insurance:
$0.00 USD
Canceled

The payment was canceled and the money has been returned to your credit card.

Reactions: Waq and Patrick