Seagate 1200 ST400FM0063, 400GB 1.8" SSD, $85 BO FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TonyP

Jun 14, 2017
Does this adapter have screw-holes to screw it into the tray?
Just my 2 cents - not knowing this very specific adapter (but being notified of our original post):

1. This drive is SAS - and thus probably not relevant for laptops (but perhaps the "laptop" in the post was a mistake??)

2. They do get warm if not cooled (actually the will become "too hot"!) - so if in a case and/or laptop with limited airflow it is quite important that the adapter can transfer heat... Not only touching the drive, but perhaps even with some heat transfer medium (tape, paste, whatever)..

In my server I printed a bracket for another adapter - that holds 2*4 drive directly in the path of airflow - they rarely go above 40C, but without proper cooling they easily reach their threshold of 65C..

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
What are dimensions of this assembly; how many 5.25 slots I need to free up ?
For those who tried to retrofit this IBM 8x 1.8" SSD-Cage incl. Backplane System x3690 X5 - 59Y6222 into standard case, will be bit difficult; dimensions of this assembly are 7cm x 7cm x 10cm . I thought it would cool these very hot disks.

Last edited:

Xenocratee

Jun 3, 2021
@zeynel, no idea ;-) I delegated this research job to one of my team, I hope he will be back soon with the response ;-) as long as we know the pinout we are going to be safe.
@TedB Did you ever figure out the pinout for the power connector on the Lenovo 8x1.8" SSD Drive Backplane (59Y6222)?

Any assistance would be appreciated :)