SCAMMER on forum

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes, details are very helpful because they can go onto other sites under a different name unless you have other stuff to help identify. Plus, the details of the situation will explain what the angle is.

TonyArrr

Sep 22, 2021
Straylia
Yeah, he sent me the exact same, word for word, for my WTB post.
Though when I asked for details, seemed to be at least a person on the other end since they answered sensibly.

though based on this alone could still be a person with various things they’re looking to sell. But what made me suspicious is asking to discuss by email rather than in the messages on the forum.

fp64

Jun 29, 2019
2day i got this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello sir
I do have one for sale in good shape
Send me a mail if you are still looking to buy
Cashyterry@yahoo.com
Best regards

and before that i got this:

Radeon VII Pro

hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact christopher he has a Radeon VII Pro for sale........... PM him @ christopherrichard283@gmail.com

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
while we are blaming scammers, Rand__ scammed me out of of 14.5 billion dollars, so.. please, collectively return my monies in BTC.

edit: i will take a few grand in sas ssd's or 64gb ddr4 ecc's, thanks
Im starting to suspect there is something fishy about that bridge i bought from him in brooklyn also.

Reactions: geonap

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
Auttiks has no posts so any details would be lovely @kedzior
Few things that I can tell, no post, new member, no bank account, not having pictures of the item, forcing me to send email to him, and history of his email address.
Rest regarding IP and geolocation (Alabama, Birmingham) are my personal knowledge of how to do it.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Few things that I can tell, no post, new member, no bank account, not having pictures of the item, forcing me to send email to him, and history of his email address.
Rest regarding IP and geolocation (Alabama, Birmingham) are my personal knowledge of how to do it.
The email used (Cashyterry@yahoo.com) showed up on stopforumspam.com's list. One of the usernames associated with that email is AUB AUTO’s which leads to Welcome, AUB AUTO’s where the user's profile shows Alabama as the user's filled in location. A maxmind geoip search on the IP listed on stopforumspam.com's list for that email shows Birmingham, Alabama.

BTW, I'm not making any accusations. I'm just sharing what I found.

Last edited:

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
The email used (Cashyterry@yahoo.com) showed up on stopforumspam.com's list. One of the usernames associated with that email is AUB AUTO’s which leads to Welcome, AUB AUTO’s where the user's profile shows Alabama as the user's filled in location. A maxmind geoip search on the IP listed on stopforumspam.com's list for that email shows Birmingham, Alabama.

BTW, I'm not making any accusations. I'm just sharing what I found.
I found exactly the point where he was writing those SCAM posts.

Reactions: foureight84