Scammer Alert

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

codebreaker

Nov 10, 2020
I created a thread that I want to buy rails for Dell R620 then I received this PM from user Jay.201 :

Hello,
I have the 3x Dell Rails compatible with Dell R620 in a perfect condition, here's my mail address campbelljo201@gmail.com send me a mail for quick response if you're interested
Thanks
It was obvious that this person was a scammer since they want to talk over email and not on this platform. Of all my other sales and purchases, nobody has requested this.

So I wanted to have a little fun and see how far they would go so here are my email transcripts:

codebreaker said:
Hi!

I'm writing form servethehome forums regarding the rails.
campbelljo201 said:
Hello
Thanks for writing back
Yes, I have the 3x Dell Rails compatible with Dell R620 in a very good condition, photos sent below as attachment check and let me know if it interest you. I'll be waiting for your soonest response.

Thanks
Campbell.
with these images attached. They accidentally included the original picture with timestamp from 2019 (20190206_172247.jpg) from here. Other images are the same image just cropped and rotated.

codebreaker said:
Great!

I don't see your username anywhere on the pictures. Can you send a picture with the rails and your username written next to it just to check that you actually have them.

Hope it is not a problem

Best regards!
campbelljo201 said:
No it's not a problem.

I forgot to include that, I'm sorry about that
I attached a new picture with my username

Campbell.
With this image which is decent photoshop. Image resolution was decreased. But the signature should have been skewed to matched the angle the picture was taken. 5/7.

codebreaker said:
Awesome!

Where are you located?
How much would shipping be to <fake address>?
campbelljo201 said:
I'm located in Ashburn, USA
I'm asking $90 shipped, let me know if that's okay with you?

Thanks
Campbell.
codebreaker said:
That is Ok. Forgot to ask, how much for the rails?
campbelljo201 said:
$65 for the rails
codebreaker said:
So $195 for the rails and $90 for shipping. That's a deal!

How to you want to get paid? Do you have PayPal?
campbelljo201 said:
Yes, I've got PayPal but I receive payment through family and friends F&F only. Let me know if that's fine with you so I can send my PayPal info now. Let me know

Thanks
Campbell.
Of course because F&F PayPal transactions don't have protection and can't be disputed.
codebreaker said:
campbelljo201 said:
Alright
Here's my PayPal address below

jamesomoro@aol.com
Kindly send me a proof of your payment when done.
codebreaker said:
Here is my confirmation.
Here being this thread.

<after he checked this thread>

codebreaker said:
When can I expect the rails to be shipped?
campbelljo201 said:
You're mad

So yeah... Be careful people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marjan and Ralph_IT

Ralph_IT

I'm called Ralph
Apr 12, 2021
/home
Thanks for your advice.
Same user send me a PM about my thread looking for a BD Burner saying he has one and, if I contact him by mail, he will feed me the details.
I replied: "Why you cannot give me the details by this same forum?". I know he saw the reply and didn't replied back.
So I ignored the fella and delete the PM.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Already told him to go an hero himself via PMs :^)

OP taking him for a ride though made me lol so ****ing hard

Last edited: