SAS 2 Dual Back Plane Enclosure

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dmessana

Aug 11, 2011
I was looking to purchase an enclosure with 16 - 24 bays that has dual back planes for redundancy. i had my eye on the SC846E2-R900B but it isnt sas 2, as im looking to go with the newer technology. anyone know if there are any chassis available with dual backplanes that support SAS2?

Thanks!

Eiktyrner

Aug 2, 2011
Would it be possible to use one of these E26 cases (SC846E26-R1200B) as a DAS to two systems? What i'm aiming for is a 4U unit that can serve 12 disks to each machine. All I need is bays for the disks and space for an expander. I know I could get two 2U enclosures but I think I would end up paying for extra things I don't need. I would also like to run them all on two PSUs only.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Eiktyrner: Great question. I will see what I can find out as I only have an E1 chassis on hand.

Jax

Nov 28, 2011
You could purchase a Norco DS-24D and split the drives up between up to 6 hosts. Each row of 4 drives is connected to a separate SAS connector on the rear of the device.

There's plenty of space internally for you to rig up an internal expander or two to cut down on the number of external SAS cables.

It's all powered by one PSU.