SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB3 Flash Drive up to 200MB/s - $43.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Hey gents, I dont really keep up on flash drive news - they're about as interesting as buying a box of paper clips in the sense I only buy when I run out, but I had not realized they had gotten this fast, having just purchased a refurb 64GB Sandisk Extreme USB3 flash drive from Amazon. The speeds are blazing for a thumb drive, especially at this pricepoint.

List is $109.99, sell new for $74, just received it with free shipping for $43.99 from this third party seller (link) and ran some tests. Upon further research it seems there's actually an SSD controller at play in the unit, albeit a lower end one to that typically found on SanDisk SSD's - which is still worlds better than the typical peashooter controllers found in thumb drives.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive up to 190 MB/s SDCZ80-064G-X46

3GB file copy (write) test

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Really nice since the Haswell E3-1200 V3 motherboards and the Avoton boards I have all now support USB3

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Really nice since the Haswell E3-1200 V3 motherboards and the Avoton boards I have all now support USB3
Funny you mention it, one of the things I weighed using it for was for scratch/temp space on one of my servers, wanted to plug in to onboard (next to PCIe slots) USB on my X9SCM-iiF, then remembered the board doesn't have USB3. So now I've gotta decide if I want to upgrade server boards again.

Last edited:

vegaman

Sep 12, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Nice, might get one to plug into the onboard USB3 on the Haswell board I just got. Not sure if I should get a second as well while the price is that good.
Thanks for the link :)