Samsung SM863 1.9TB for $229.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
they are notorious for resetting smart data, so you will never know the true health of the drives.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
they are notorious for resetting smart data, so you will never know the true health of the drives.
Thank you for this. F those scammers!! I hate dishonesty like this that's becoming more prevalent in IT sourcing. :mad:

DavidB

Aug 31, 2018
I fully assumed that these are reset drives, so that makes this not a terrible deal but potentially you will get drives with a high usage. At this price used P3710's seem like a better deal I guess as they have a better total durability and performance.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Wouldn't touch that seller with a 10 foot pole. I picked up a couple of these for $165 each 2 weeks ago as well, so I think the price could be better too.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
They do have a stellar reputation for service and support. A couple of years back they replaced a failed white label drive that was 4 months out of warranty so I've experienced it first hand. If the price is right I'd buy from them all day long. No doubt any seller with the knowhow to reset the smart data would do so. Having said this, I bought one of these from a different seller a couple of weeks ago for $150 so this is a meh deal. The smart data had not been reset, I don't remember the total writes or other details but it wasn't terrible. Health was still at 100%.

Reactions: Samir