SAMSUNG SM843 Pro Data Center Series MZ-7PD4800/0D3 2.5"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Says 0 hours used does that mean since the refurb?

Are these technically SAS because they are Enterprise even thou the interface says SATA?

Last edited:

moto316

Feb 23, 2014
Says 0 hours used does that mean since the refurb?

Are these technically SAS because they are Enterprise even thou the interface says SATA?
No they're SATA. Purchased 8 of these a few months ago and SSD life reports 0 hours used so yes im guessing the statistics get reset in the refurb process

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Anyone use these in enterprise enviroment or datacenter usage? How are they holding up compared to the intels?

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
No they're SATA. Purchased 8 of these a few months ago and SSD life reports 0 hours used so yes im guessing the statistics get reset in the refurb process
Damn, I was hoping to use these in a SOFS implementation with just a JBOD. Thanks for the info.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I have probably a dozen of the 480GB drives. The one thing they lack is PLP. But if you have an already read-heavy workload, not bad drives at all.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I can never figure out the warranty on NewEgg refurbished items. Does their policy mean we should have no expectation of manufacturer warranty on refurbed items, or is the 30 day labor/parts limited strictly the NewEgg support policy?

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I can never figure out the warranty on NewEgg refurbished items. Does their policy mean we should have no expectation of manufacturer warranty on refurbed items, or is the 30 day labor/parts limited strictly the NewEgg support policy?
As I know buying refurbished from newegg..
30 days limited warranty is from newegg directly with NO samsung involved.

if your SSD failed with-in 30 days, newegg will ship another one after they receive the bad one from you. On my experience, newegg would be happy to provide free return shipping label.

just one WARNING, all refurbished HD or SSD from newegg have zero smart info, we have no way to know on old smart info. smart move on newegg, I guess.

I did return bad refurbished HD Hitachi after silently stop to work within a week. No hassle on getting free return label. this is Pain in the A$$ actually, waiting replacement for 7 working days

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I had one of these die from an earlier deal about 5 months in. Not really different than getting something off ebay. It sucks but they're cheap.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Seems a bit unreliable for enterprise usage IMHO.

Sticking to s3700 for now.

Anyone having 400gb or 800gb let me know :)

canta

Nov 26, 2014
on my experience, never, never, and never buys refurbished HD ( do not not on refurbish SSD) on newegg. why newegg resets smart info...
you never know; how many hours or how many relocation sector or load-unload cycle (this is killing HD very quick on non enterprise version, due so many head parking).

Reactions: T_Minus