Samsung SM1625 SAS SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
I have dual ported backplanes that I have tried with the pliant drives. I will direct connect to them, but I was hoping for more of a how to...for some reason I couldn't get the sequential benchmarks to match up the first time I attempted to reach "wide-port" mode. Thanks for the link, I actually read that a couple of months back. Don't suppose anyone has a how to on actually set up wide port, I think I may be misunderstanding what/how to achieve this? I guess its not a simple setting that you "click on" in the firmware or some software.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
Intel has back planes that are dualported that they use with there own SAS expanders to make there jbod platforms. You can buy the 8 bay backplane with cages for $80-120. So the cables seem a bit steep.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
If anyone is interested (probably an ULTRA HOT deal) - I picked up 4 of these for $390. 2@ $100 auto accepted. 2@ $95 accepted. $75/ea was rejected automatically.

Samsung MZ 6ER200T 003 200GB Enterprise 2 5" SSD SAS 2 0 6GB s Solid State HD | eBay

The seller still has 4 left.

Patrick, those are great drives and you are probably planning to keep them - I would. But if you do decide to sell them off to make room for other hardware, please let me know. For a work (not personal) project I need to buy four small dual-port SAS SSD drives for a SAN and these would be perfect. Because it's work, and because you'd be saving me quite a bit of money, I can afford to pay much more than you paid on eBay.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I was planning to keep them... shoot me a mail. I have a ton of small dual port drives right now.