Samsung PM951 256GB NVMe $16.22 - raised to $19.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Thanks in for one. Is there a firmware flash tool for this?

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I should have bought more! In for two originally, then thought having a couple more on hand would be a good idea. By then the price has gone up!

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Well, it slowed down after the price went up, but they've still sold 97 in 3 1/2 hours.

Thread title edited to include the new price ($19.99). Which is still lower than average, but not as great a deal as the original $16.22.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I tried to offer $16.22 for 12 pieces.
Seller replied
"Price is firm now.
It was an error in our system about the price."

I was offered 10% ebay bucks today, so I went ahead purchased 12 pieces at $19.99

I am using it as boot drive for a bunch of HP 800 G2 mini systems.

vabch22

Aug 8, 2016
Did anyone else order X amount of drives and not receive the correct amount? I'm chalking it up to just poor luck on my part. I contacted the seller twice with no response yet since Friday. I feel bad because I know people scam a lot, but I also paid for a product I did not get.

8/22 Update: All good here. They finally responding and are shipping the missing drives.

Last edited:

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
There are more listed now. I'm considering purchasing a few because in many of my scenarios (1U servers in colo centres), it's the only way to get NVMe storage in the machine. The other drive bays get HDD's so that I can get a decent amount of actual (bulk) storage in the machine.

Also, don't forget that if you're intending to mirror them in an M.2-to-PCI-e slot adapter, it would be a good idea first to check whether your intended board supports PCI-e lane bifurcation. If it doesn't then you'll need an adapter with a PLX switch, which will be expensive, and boom! All of a sudden this great deal isn't such a great deal any longer.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Did anyone else order X amount of drives and not receive the correct amount? I'm chalking it up to just poor luck on my part. I contacted the seller twice with no response yet since Friday. I feel bad because I know people scam a lot, but I also paid for a product I did not get.
I got 5 out of 5 so no issues here. Like you said probably bad luck and they messed your order up.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I got the correct amount. Haven't had time to test though. You can always open a case with Ebay if they don't get back to you. I've found that opening a case usually wakes a seller up!

e97

Jun 3, 2015
They shipped out a couple hundred in a day or two, a mix up was bound to happen. Open a case, it will float up to the top of their messages and get their attention.

drop to 16.22 please ... I need 1 more ; p

Ntfs

Aug 3, 2019
Received a notice that they are out of stock of MZ-VLV256D and will be replacing it with MZ-FLV2560. I don't know the difference between the two and couldn't really find any info. The FLV2560 appears to associated with Surface book notebooks. I said fine, send the other version. I can't complain for $20.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
someone else selling now for $21
That's the same seller. The full P/N is MZFLV256HCHP-000MV. The last 2 letters (MV) is a customer code. These drives came out of Microsoft devices. The original listing was for MZVLV256HCHP-000D1 - Dell branded part.

Another difference is V vs F in the 3rd position. It is supposed to signify form factor/interface. And V in the Dell part number means "M.2 PCIe x4". I have no idea what that F in the Microsoft part number stands for. The units look nearly identical in the pictures.