SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dtrv

Nov 23, 2016
I don't know where you got the $130 for shipping. My shipito account says $70 (USPS Priority Mail, _without_ insurance) or $80 (DHL Express, incl. insurance) for a 45x31x8 cm package and 1.5 kg weight.

One SSD incl. esd foil bag weights 67.5 g. So add some weight for bubble wrap etc.

For 10 SSDs I calcualate (1.5k + 80) * 1.19 / 10 = $188 each. If you like you can take the exchange rate (paypal calculates with around 1.02) into account - then you end up with $185 per device.

If the shipping costs are not explicitly mentioned on the invoice, the customs will estimate shipping costs - and letting them estimate is never a good choice. And if the value of the package is above 1.5k - the customs authorities will request a transaction document. They will not accept an invoice!

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I used the 9kg max weight iirc ;)
And I never had shipping estimated but this will vary depending on the "Amt" :p
And re max sum & transaction doc - might be, I never get so expensive stuff from out of Europe ;)

dtrv

Nov 23, 2016
Who coordinates the collective order? Shall we start a separate thread for this?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
@Markus offered to but he seems to be a little short on time.

I just wanted to get a clear understanding of the price we might see shipping to Europe.
If we are looking at €180 here I am not entirely sure I need those (spent a bunch of money on nvme drives)

But I assume a new thread would make sense:)

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
Should we switch to another thread or does Xenforo support "Group Chats" if we list the participants separated by comma?
We could also switch to german then :)

I think Hailey might be busy right now - the response time is not so fast.
Regards
Markus

Hal

Oct 2, 2016
Italy
If it is possible and it is not very heavy manage it, I would like buy 4 with the group ...... but I don't speak German. Sorry

edit: of course I will pay the shipment cost UE to Italy

BobbyB

Dec 26, 2016
To dig out this older thread, did anyone receive drives from Hailey in 2017?
I ordered 10 drives for myself, paid Jan 1st and didn't get any info yet, last email 48 hours ago. Recon I will file a paypal dispute, curious if anyone is in holding pattern too as I would love to get the drives instead of rolling back the transaction of course.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I cannot find Samsung Magician software suited for this drive.
Any suggestions about how to secure erase the drive in a Windows environment?

NB. The drive I received had 5 hrs power on time with 11 stop/start cycles. Very happy :)

Paul Roland

Jul 10, 2015
Hi boddy, you need the old samsung magician, 1.0 something for these. Hard to find, if there is a join interest I will be looking for it somewhere I must have it

Reactions: Boddy

Paul Roland

Jul 10, 2015
Also careful on these, as they are read intensive. They don't have high endurance and whatever you find on pdf is marked with *** (with 23% OP)

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Also careful on these, as they are read intensive. They don't have high endurance and whatever you find on pdf is marked with *** (with 23% OP)
Most document online indicate that this drive have 0.3 DWPD, are you saying those rating are with 23% op ?

Paul Roland

Jul 10, 2015
Ah the ones I had in mind were the SM ones which had the endurance rated with the OP.
These ones should be fine. 0.3 WPD beats any client ssd anyway.
Apologies, I've made a mistake.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi boddy, you need the old samsung magician, 1.0 something for these. Hard to find, if there is a join interest I will be looking for it somewhere I must have it
Considering these drives will probably have Lenovo firmware, will Samsung Magician work or worse, stuff up the drive? Is windows reformat insufficient? Thanks in advance.