SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tim

Nov 7, 2012
My bad, all I was thinking was why put the starting bid so low if it's not going to be honored?
Also I didn't realise that this was the same seller, I do trust Hailey T.

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
I just mailed Hailey for some information for sending 15 SSDs to Germany.
I will use shipito.

Let's see how it works.
Regards
Markus

Reactions: maze

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I just ordered 500 anti-static labels on EBay $8.50 (other versions avail)
ESD 2x2 ATTENTION Electrostatic Sensitive Devices Anti Static Warning 500 Labels | eBay

Just so I could put a 'special request' $5 to 'shipito' to repack boxes, so they can also add labels: so hopefully when it comes time to take pictures for insurance purposes, they (or customs) won't take SSDs out of antistatic bags. FYI.
For couple of extra dollars you can request 'security tape'/fragile stickers.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Now we just need someone to manage that groupbuy :)

Not sure if theres any difference in the tax/import rules in the eu countries which makes one country more prefferable over the other?
VAT:
Luxemburg 15
Zypern 15
GB 17,5
Malta 18
Spain 18
Germany 19

Not sure what the actual import taxes would be though.

-----
Edit (shamelessly copied):
...Taric 8471 landen. (also ZTN)

Automatische Datenverarbeitungsmaschinen und ihre Einheiten; magnetische oder optische Leser, Maschinen zum Aufzeichnen von Daten auf Datenträger in codierter Form und Maschinen zum Verarbeiten solcher Daten, anderweit weder genannt noch inbegriffen
8471 70 - Speichereinheiten 8471 70 20 - - Zentralspeichereinheiten
8471 70 20 10 - - - für zivile Luftfahrzeuge
8471 70 20 90 - - - andere

Sollte zur eintarrifierung passen
Drittlandszollsatz ist hier 0%.

-----

For Germany I would calculate:
10x 150 = 1.500
+ 60 Shipping to Germany
+ 19 % import tax
+/- 0 for Paypal/currency exchange rates
= EUR 186 per device + shipping within Europe
Thats value added tax, not import tax. Those might come on top.

Last edited:

Hal

Oct 2, 2016
Italy
VAT:
Luxemburg 15
Zypern 15
GB 17,5
Malta 18
Spain 18
Germany 19

Not sure what the actual import taxes would be though.

Surely!! In Italy VAT is 22 :mad: and with the import tax it may go to 25-30%
Please don't forget that the delivery cost MUST be added to the total cost and AFTER compute the VAT/tax/...

dtrv

Nov 23, 2016
I thought it's enough to call it "import tax". But if we want to be correct we have to call it "import sales tax" - which is not the VAT ("Einfuhrumsatzsteuer != Mehrwertsteuer") - plus the duty rates.
But in EU we apply a zero rate on storage devices. So only the "import sales tax" is left; which has the same tax rate as the VAT.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Nah i didn't want to be picky, I just wanted to say that an import sales tax might come on top of VAT.
Since it seems to be void we can ignore it o/c :)

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
In Norway its 25% import tax, but if you have your own IT-company you can write off the import tax and more on your accounting. I believe it is similar in other EU countries.

That is what I have done the last two years, hardware like we buy here is seldom for just fun. In most cases it is for education or more profit for my business! Spending your "own" money on this is stupid, start a new company instead.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well I dont think you can do that here [Germany] (any more) just for fun without having any kind of related income as well. It used to work but was used/abused massively

Reactions: Hal

Tim

Nov 7, 2012
In Norway its 25% import tax, but if you have your own IT-company you can write off the import tax and more on your accounting. I believe it is similar in other EU countries.

That is what I have done the last two years, hardware like we buy here is seldom for just fun. In most cases it is for education or more profit for my business! Spending your "own" money on this is stupid, start a new company instead.
Just to clarify, don't want to start an argument over this.
There's no import tax on this sort of hardware to Norway.

As long as the value including shipping and insurance is above 350 NOK you'll have to pay VAT (mva in Norway) on the total value. And VAT is 25% in Norway for computer parts.

The company responsible for the shipment will charge you a customs declaration fee on top of this.
It's usually around US $20 and has nothing to do with customs on the parts itself, just to do the declaration paperwork.

Regarding VAT on import you can't just write it off as you say.
At least your company has to be VAT registered and keep a balance of incoming and outgoing VAT.
You're supposed to go break-even with this. If you get away with not paying VAT on imported goods I can't see how your accounting gets approved. Or you'll get a hard time during any financial audits.
I'm not aware of any loopholes regarding this but sure would like to know of any as this would save me big time.

Hailey T

Dec 6, 2016
Starting bid US $80
That sure must be something fishy?

SAMSUNG PM853T IBM LENOVO SERVER MZ7GE960HMHP-00003 2.5" 960GB SATA III SSD NEW! | eBay

Any trouble with the firmware on these drives on any non-Lenovo controller?
From the screenshot, no read/write statistics.
So can we be sure the power on hours are correct?

Always has to be someone negative...... Thank you to everyone that has purchased our drives. Glad that those of you that have received them have posted up positive info for others. 80% of our orders use Paypal and of course if you don't get what you ordered you are protected, looking at our eBay account you'll notice 100% positive feedback. We are not in the business to deceive, cheat or lie to anyone. Honest hardworking people, so please keep the negativity to yourself, where it will probably better serve you.

Anyways Happy New Year to everyone here!

[Edited to remove private info / Bad seller info about ebay sale that did not occur on these forums]

Last edited by a moderator:

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I purchased 10 x Samsung PM853T in December , all the SSD showed less than 10 hours usage.
Ran couple of quick CrystalDiskMark test on each SSD. No issue.

She spent too much money on packaging :) , all the SSD are individual wrap in anti-static then in a bubble envelope, then all 10 goes inside a FedEx box with more packing.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
I bought 14+ of these from her too, fantastic experience, arrived very quick.

Not to go off topic, but has anyone figured out how to get the newest firmware on these, if there is a newer release? The lenovo site is horrible, and Samsung Magician isn't recognizing these drives for me.

Reactions: Hailey T

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
[quote removed]

It sucks when you get a bad buyer on ebay, I have had a few myself as well as a few bad sellers (your stuff was perfect). Anyways, from what I have read on the ebay forums the buyer sends the return to a random address in the same zip code and ebay only checks the zip code and that it's delivered before issuing a refund. You might be able to get the address from USPS but getting ebay or paypal to look at the evidence doesn't always go anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

some1else

Oct 8, 2016
Why those SSD have such poor performance at 4K Write (and all enterprise SSDs for that matter). 850 EVO has 90,000 IOPS, 840 has 88,000 IOPS and the PM853T - 15,000.

Tim

Nov 7, 2012
Always has to be someone negative......
First off, I'm sorry you see this as such a negative comment.
I was only surprised to see the low price and forgot to check who the seller was.
I probably should have edited my post when I figured out my mistake.
My wording could have been better, and probably my understanding of ebay starting prices as well.
That said, I don't understand the US $80 as a starting price and I see the winning bid ended at US $175.50
But that's my mistake.

My questions below the link are a different thing. Which was in no way ment to be negative either. Not against neither the seller nor the price. Just a genuine question regarding these drives on non-lenovo controllers.
And I thought that no smart info was possible to read as they have lenovo firmware (on a non-Lenovo controller). But I guess my questions are answered. It seems it's possible and that everything is OK.

She spent too much money on packaging :) , all the SSD are individual wrap in anti-static then in a bubble envelope, then all 10 goes inside a FedEx box with more packing.
I'm very happy to read this.

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
Why those SSD have such poor performance at 4K Write (and all enterprise SSDs for that matter). 850 EVO has 90,000 IOPS, 840 has 88,000 IOPS and the PM853T - 15,000.
That is because consumer SSDs specification uses max async iops and enterprise SSDs show max sync iops. Most consumer based SSD's top at 500-1000 4k sync write iops.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Not to go off topic, but has anyone figured out how to get the newest firmware on these, if there is a newer release? The lenovo site is horrible, and Samsung Magician isn't recognizing these drives for me.
Anyone have any luck with this ?? I am interested in getting the samsung magician to work so that I can overprovision them.