Samsung Odyssey+ VR headset is back on sale!!!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
HMD Odyssey+ - Windows Mixed Reality Headset HMD - XE800ZBA-HC1US | Samsung US

These were on sale before Christmas for $229.99 and I bought two for two of my daughters.

I had some relatives stop buy and try out some VR gaming so I just checked Samsung's site and they are back on sale it $229.99 again.

Regular price is $499.99 so this is $270.00 off retail price !!

THIS IS A SCREAMING GOOD DEAL!!

If you have been wanting to try VR but did not want to spend a ton of money this IS the time to do it.

Samsung is soon to come out with a new version so I guess they are wanting to get rid of the older versions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
The screens are excellent and without the "screen door" affect of some of the other headsets. REALLY nice colors. Sound is pretty good. Tracking is great as long as the controllers are in the camera view. HDMI cable could be longer.

So my rating on a scale from 1 to 10.

Screens 10.

Sound 8.5

Tracking 8.5

Only issue I have noticed is with tracking, if your playing a game that has a bow and arrow and if you draw back the bow string too far back the tracking can be a little glitchy. But as long as you are aware of this its really not a big issue.

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
I saw they'd gone back down to $299 on Amazon.com and ordered one with global shipping to the UK a couple of days ago.

Seems they haven't come back to $229 there, but I'll kick myself if they do...

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I saw they'd gone back down to $299 on Amazon.com and ordered one with global shipping to the UK a couple of days ago.

Seems they haven't come back to $229 there, but I'll kick myself if they do...

$299.00 is still much better than $499.99.

The joy's of computer hardware.................

Buy something and the next day it's either much cheaper or there is a newer version that's much better for the same price. :rolleyes:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I've been hesitating to take the plunge on VR. Is it as fun as the commercials make it out to be? Or vids on youtube, where you as soooo immersed in the world of the VR, that someone pushes you and you swear you're falling? Stuff like that?

Its amazingly fun and a "game changer :D" in video games. I see in the next few years %95 of new games will be VR only.

Also one thing, IF you get motion sickness you might want to try it first.

One of the start "rooms" is on top of a building, if you go to the edge and look down it will make you a bit nervous. :eek:

Reactions: Sleyk

Stefan2k4

May 17, 2018
Is it actually available at that price? On the website, there's no "add to cart" button, only a "where to buy" button and that only list other places with higher prices.

Also, is there any way to use this with anything besides windows 10, like for example linux? I understand it's a windows mixed reality device and therefore only officially supported on windows 10.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Is it actually available at that price? On the website, there's no "add to cart" button, only a "where to buy" button and that only list other places with higher prices.

Also, is there any way to use this with anything besides windows 10, like for example linux? I understand it's a windows mixed reality device and therefore only officially supported on windows 10.

When I bought the first I bought it from newegg, when I purchased the second directly from Samsung's web site.

Now there is only that "where to buy" link.:confused:

Maybe try to get a reseller to sell it at the price listed on Samsung's web site, I know Best Buy has matched prices before for me.

Last edited:

chaoscontrol

Aug 15, 2019
I've been hesitating to take the plunge on VR. Is it as fun as the commercials make it out to be? Or vids on youtube, where you as soooo immersed in the world of the VR, that someone pushes you and you swear you're falling? Stuff like that?
It depends. I've had one for a few years now and been using it on and off. Haven't used it in a while but been playing Beat Saber every day for past 6 months. Also Boneworks is really fun. Lot of the experiences (games) you're probably done with after trying a few times.

Waiting for HL: Alyx

Reactions: Sleyk