SAMSUNG 16GB PC3-14900R DDR3-1866 -

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
Have (x4) SAMSUNG 16GB PC3-14900R DDR3-1866 REGISTERED ECC MEMORY MODULE M393B2G70DB0-CMA- $120

PRICE DROP $19 EACH SO $76

Last edited:

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
reasonable offers are encouraged as it been a while since I purchased, may be listing a supermicro dual cpu with case, rails and etc...but my delima is shipping..

Does anyone have input on how to (package) for shipping, if I do list it?

Reactions: Samir

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
reasonable offers are encouraged as it been a while since I purchased, may be listing a supermicro dual cpu with case, rails and etc...but my delima is shipping..

Does anyone have input on how to (package) for shipping, if I do list it?

2U light cases can be done carefully with foam and bubbles.. IE: SC-216 with motherboard
4U Cases even unloaded will destroy bubbles, need foam, rigid, or OEM Box.

As far as the RAM goes you can BIN same model # On ebay for $22 so I'd expect 18-20$ on forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
I've received dozens of
2U light cases can be done carefully with foam and bubbles.. IE: SC-216 with motherboard
4U Cases even unloaded will destroy bubbles, need foam, rigid, or OEM Box.

As far as the RAM goes you can BIN same model # On ebay for $22 so I'd expect 18-20$ on forum.
Yup. Another option is to take it to a shipping center (ups/fedex) and let them package it. You'll pay a little bit, but if anything goes wrong insurance will cover 100% since they packaged it.

This is what I do when shipping bulky stuff. It's just not worth the hassle for large heavy items to package them yourself unless you have the same box it came in.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yup. Another option is to take it to a shipping center (ups/fedex) and let them package it. You'll pay a little bit, but if anything goes wrong insurance will cover 100% since they packaged it.

This is what I do when shipping bulky stuff. It's just not worth the hassle for large heavy items to package them yourself unless you have the same box it came in.
But depending on the shipping center employees, they may not pack it enough and then you have damage claims. I've had 2/3 packages like this receive damage. The item worked when I plugged it in, but cracks are ugly when they weren't there before.

UPS is very good about damage claims if you have an account, which is free and easy to set up. Fedex ime not so much. Just be sure to package whatever you're shipping with enough packing material or it WILL arrive damaged.

Reactions: redeamon

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
But depending on the shipping center employees, they may not pack it enough and then you have damage claims. I've had 2/3 packages like this receive damage. The item worked when I plugged it in, but cracks are ugly when they weren't there before.

UPS is very good about damage claims if you have an account, which is free and easy to set up. Fedex ime not so much. Just be sure to package whatever you're shipping with enough packing material or it WILL arrive damaged.
That's true- YMMV. My local Fedex does a pretty good job, but I have heard horror stories.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
That's true- YMMV. My local Fedex does a pretty good job, but I have heard horror stories.
Yes, very much so. I've heard others where it's reversed where Fedex is awesome and UPS sucks. YMMV indeed!

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I've gotten systems from "UPS Packed" that had bent corners, broken PSU handles, edges crushed I couldn't get a drive tray out, and more.

In my experience they wrap them in 3-4 layers of bubbles, use a huge box, and think that's sufficient, the problem is the weight is so great it shifts the bubbles around, and more often than not something sharp like an edge, power supply bracket, rack ear, or something cuts and penetrates bubbles, and often the entire box.

If you have local packers that use foam, prevent movement, etc, awesome :D But I don't think this is the norm :D

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've gotten systems from "UPS Packed" that had bent corners, broken PSU handles, edges crushed I couldn't get a drive tray out, and more.

In my experience they wrap them in 3-4 layers of bubbles, use a huge box, and think that's sufficient, the problem is the weight is so great it shifts the bubbles around, and more often than not something sharp like an edge, power supply bracket, rack ear, or something cuts and penetrates bubbles, and often the entire box.

If you have local packers that use foam, prevent movement, etc, awesome :D But I don't think this is the norm :D
This is also my experience with 'UPS packed' and on both occasions led to cracked things since they had some heft.

Now when done right, bubble wrap like this does work as this is how my r410 arrived, but it was so tightly packed and the box was sufficient to prevent any movement--which is what causes damage in shipment for almost anything, heavy or light.