Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD Review This is FAST

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I really don't like vendors swapping components inside products, even if it is supposed to be an improvement (but yeah... Kingston you are still on my nopelist for the v300, so the reverse is of course a bigger deal).
In this case, how are you to know if you are buying the old version or the new one?

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
I've been informed by Sabrent that the last of the old drives were distributed in 12/2021. Unless some vendor has held onto inventory for that long without selling it, then anything you buy today should be the new version.

Trust me, I would much prefer that this drive be called the Sabrent Rocket 4 Double Plus or something, but from a bill-of-materials standpoint I can somewhat understand.

As a worst case scenario, I look at it like this: you're buying the *original* Rocket 4 Plus, which was already a good drive. If you get the new version then yay, bonus. If not, then you get what they are (currently) still advertising as the Rocket 4 Plus on their site.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Hmm, I see the sustained writes and ask myself if I still need enterprise ssds with plp for my developer workstations (pcs or laptops) or if I could use ssds like this...

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
Hmm, I see the sustained writes and ask myself if I still need enterprise ssds with plp for my developer workstations (pcs or laptops) or if I could use ssds like this...
Just note, I am not *torturing* these drives for this test. There are worse scenarios than a nearly-full disk write which is where my sustained write test comes from. 100% drive utilization for both reading and writing without ever letting the drive rest or TRIM will degrade performance further. Enterprise drives can *guarantee* performance and data integrity in the way that consumer drives cannot match.