Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

trippinnik

Oct 13, 2018
Having an issue getting my S2D healthy again. Had some drives taken offline on one of the nodes and seems after some time they would not come back online even though they were up again. I was on a 2019 preview build and figured that node was fubar anyway I rebuilt it. I have tried reset-physicaldisk and Clear-PhysicalDiskHealthData but the disks are still associated with the old host even though it was evicted. I've tried retiring as well.

get-physicaldisks shows the disks are: Retired, Removing from pool, Lost communication

they cannot pool because they are already part of a pool.
These disks still have pool data so ideally would want them online on the new host and repair them. Can't seem to get these disks to be usable again.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
When I had these issues (when I was working at Microsoft). I had to call the DEV's to get this straightened out.

I no longer work there. and as you have data that you want to recover. that is really the only option.

the only other option that I see is to remove the node from the cluster. then use diskpart to clean all of the disks. then re-add the cluster node and add disks to the pool.

Chris

trippinnik

Oct 13, 2018
Yeah, it is an option. probably like $500 for the support call. Too bad I can't sneak it in under premiere support through my company. My backup is pretty old because that got messed up too.

saravalkyrie

Mar 7, 2021
Yeah, it is an option. probably like $500 for the support call. Too bad I can't sneak it in under premiere support through my company. My backup is pretty old because that got messed up too.
Appreciate its been quite a while now, are you still stuck with this. I've helped a few clients recover from S2D Cluster failures wouldn't mind helping you out :)

Reactions: name stolen