S2600CP2J wont power on

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

matkisson

Apr 11, 2017
Forgive me but I am new to the forums and not sure if this is in the correct location.

I am not new to computers by any means but it is early and i need to get some coffee in my system. I just purchased a S2600CP2J and dual E5 2665 v1 with 8x8GB ddr3-1600R. Power supply is a seasonic X-850 I had lying around which puts out 0.5a @ -12v among other things. I threw everything together and tried to jump the motherboards power pins but she wont turn on. I am not finding any other information on this issue at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any issues? I would really have the have to send it back at this point -_-'

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Are all your power connectors attached? There's the main power, plus one supplementary for each CPU. Make sure all the RAM is re-seated and if that still doesn't get you anwhere, pull the CPU's and re-seat those as well :)

matkisson

Apr 11, 2017
I appreciate the help but that would be the first thing(s) I tried. There are no LED's lit at all on the board. I am wondering if the 24pin PSU cable may be wired incorrectly. Do you know if any of the LEDs onboard are supposed lit pre-power on?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
There used to be a standby 5V LED on the front left corner right in front of the main power connector. Failing that, check the front panel connectors. I guess you could try plugging a network cable into NIC1 and see if the BMC is alive :)

I don't have one of these boards on hand to check, so I am purely speculating here...

matkisson

Apr 11, 2017
Um ... so i just got home and figured it out as soon as i got to my rack ........ i accidentally bumped the switch on my power strip -_-' ......

Posts perfect. now to do some configuration :D