S1400FP Fan Control / SDR Editing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fahd

Aug 3, 2017
I have an Intel S1400FP2 Server Board in a NON-Intel Chassis with a Noctua NH-U12DXi4 which is an active CPU cooler. (Comes with a Noctua NF-F12 PWM fan).

The fan speed hits the lower critical threshold as the fan control is configured for higher speed fans meant for 1u chassis. This causes the fan to run full tilt all the time.

How can I edit the S1400FP.SDR files to achieve a more accurate PWM curve and threshold settings?

I found similar threads for a different Intel platform (S2600) which resulted in spending hours trying to get this working myself but to no avail. Would appreciate if anyone can advise on the specific values that need to be edited or any sample configs.

Thank you.

PS: BIOS/BMC Firmware etc were updated to the latest.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
One test would be to run sdr update and pick other chassis then tell it what fan are plugged in and pick a fan curve. Going from memory so it might be fuzzy. Alternatively, you can edit the master configuration file and enable the menu options to reset to shipping configuration. That should remove all the fan settings. Not though these changes might make senor info disappear from ipmi screen.

Reactions: Fahd