Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

masimus

Aug 11, 2019
What is your solution for fitting 4 x m.2 drives on this board?
I am using the 2x m.2 slots on the motherboard and also 2x RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-PCI208-HS. They work well! Single m.2 slot to PCIe 4.0 x4 adapter with heatsink.

I also updated BIOS to 1.2 during my fault searching of the NIC, and there is now option to enable x4x4x4x4 bifurcation on SLOT6. Which gives other opportunities...

Last edited:
Reactions: lostmind

masimus

Aug 11, 2019
yah we have been testing this with the grub conf updated with those lines. It has made it 48 hours without issues so far.
Inspired from a thread in the proxmox forum, I compiled and installed Intels own out-of-tree linux kernel modules, found here:

It has now worked stable for 24+ hours (knock on wood!), without disabling PCIe power management in the linux kernel. nvme drive temperatures and power consumption back to lower levels again.

lostmind

Jan 5, 2013
Inspired from a thread in the proxmox forum, I compiled and installed Intels own out-of-tree linux kernel modules, found here:

It has now worked stable for 24+ hours (knock on wood!), without disabling PCIe power management in the linux kernel. nvme drive temperatures and power consumption back to lower levels again.
We tried the new driver, no difference for us.

this:

pcie_port_pm=off pcie_aspm.policy=performance

has run without issue for days... nearly a week now.

I am using the 2x m.2 slots on the motherboard and also 2x RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-PCI208-HS. They work well! Single m.2 slot to PCIe 4.0 x4 adapter with heatsink.

I also updated BIOS to 1.2 during my fault searching of the NIC, and there is now option to enable x4x4x4x4 bifurcation on SLOT6. Which gives other opportunities...
Ahh neat. The bifurcation option is a big deal... I didn't notice it in there, now I will have to check.

Heretic

Mar 3, 2024
I wanted share my experience, I just built a server with the Asrock Rack B650D4U and 2x48GB 5600 ECC UDIMMs. Had to short out the CMOS settings with the battery pulled but it comes right up afterwards.

Shows on the BMC as part: AVW726GUA1K6560P07-H
Comes up at 5200 MHz, I haven't tried to go to 5600 yet and not sure I care at this point.

Screenshot 2024-03-03 175933.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 161820.pngScreenshot 2024-03-03 161623.png

diskdiddler

Mar 3, 2017
I've opted to go for the regular desktop home user style board, but with a nice geekworm pikvm plugged into it.

This is for my future desktop replacement system (I RDP into my desktop, no monitors attached)

For my NAS however, I would still heavily lean towards a "real" IPMI based solution with ECC and a plethora of sata ports. Luckily that upgrade is a long way away