Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 & Pair Of R610 APs - Upgrading Software

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

istamov

Jul 31, 2015
Thanks a lot about this confirmation, I have one ZD1200 at home which showed the same behaviour (two solid green lights) and tried everything I could think of but couldn't find a fix, so I just bought a new (used) one.
Do you know of any way to fix it at all, even if it involves dismantling mainboard :)

Currently I am running one AP on ZD1200 and one on Unleashed, honestly can't find any difference (except maybe for the WiFi calling functionallity on Unleashed).

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
I imagine the fix would be the same as other impacted atom devices: someone figures out where the LPC clock & power are exposed on the mainboard, for you to connect with an appropriate resistor. Given the tiny number of motivated ZD1200 owners who might do this, I'm not holding my breath.

The ZD vs Unleashed differences are here:-

For home use, the big difference they don't mention on that page is that ZoneDirector adds support for new APs more quickly than Unleashed, and supports older APs much longer than Unleashed. For example, R500/R600 are still current models on ZD so can be mixed and matched with R550/R650.

Reactions: istamov

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Lol,

No Northbound Interface to pass client authentication responsibility to an external entity.
A very complicated way to say that Unleashed does not do AD/LDAP integration [et al probably]

Last edited:
Reactions: ms264556