Ruckus SpeedFlex from AP to AP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tubs-ffm

Sep 1, 2013
Hello,

can Rucks SpeedFlex be started from mobile phone App and used to test the line speed over Ethernet between two Ruckus AP in Unleashed set-up?

I have installed a Ruckus R710 and a R510 in unleashed set-up at home and I am more than happy about the performance boost I got in comparison to my old Cisco. To get some numbers for my impression I used the Ruckus SpeedFlex App on my mobile phone and tested from different positions the WiFi connection to the APs. All fine so far.

Just for curiosity in the mobile phone App I set one the IP of one AP as destination and the IP of the other AP as source. The performance was poor (see picture). I expected a result close to line speed of the Ethernet.

Is this a limitation of the test program in the AP or its implementation because its purpose is to measure WiFi to AP and not Ethernet to AP?
Or do I have a knot in my Ethernet wire connection?

Screenshot_20220317-214452.jpg Screenshot_20220317-215848.jpg

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Can it be that the traffic is passing through your phone for this?

tubs-ffm

Sep 1, 2013
Good question.
I could not figure out what the tool really is doing in the configuration I have used it. I assumed a direct connection between the two AP and the phone only is interacting as a control/command device in this case.

What is noticeable to me are the quite stable values I get and same values for sending and receiving. All my tests phone to AP I got a much bigger variety

tubs-ffm

Sep 1, 2013
My issue is solved.

I do not know what it was, but all is fine again. Somehow the connection between my Ruckus R510 and my switch Ruckus ICX 7150, where the AP directly is connected to, was the bottle neck. After reboot of the AP all was fine again.

Reactions: Rand__