Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Konger

Nov 24, 2019
t
I'm in, bought one. Will likely use an injector into this and forego the 2.5 strength. Hoping to replace an AC-PRO and an AC-Lite. If the R610 can't cover my house, not sure which to keep. The throughputs on the R610 and AC-PRO are apparently the same.
you can get a Poe+ injector and force the r610 into 802.3at mode... be sure to first flash to solo firmware then to unleashed firmware.

Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

Konger

Nov 24, 2019
Is the intermediate step to solo firmware important? I think I just flashed it straight to unleashed.
If the flash worked fine for you you are ok. But I know flashing it to solo is better first than to unleashed since for some people the flash might not go right and the unleashed web GUI might not work.. so then you might need to reset it again. I recall somewhere in Ruckus Documentation that it's best to go from solo to unleashed.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
I'm in, bought one. Will likely use an injector into this and forego the 2.5 strength. Hoping to replace an AC-PRO and an AC-Lite. If the R610 can't cover my house, not sure which to keep. The throughputs on the R610 and AC-PRO are apparently the same.
you'll find very quickly in the real world the throughputs are nowhere the same, lmao. I'm seeing ~250mbps outside in my driveway now whereas my AC-PRO before, my phone wouldn't even connect

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
you'll find very quickly in the real world the throughputs are nowhere the same, lmao. I'm seeing ~250mbps outside in my driveway now whereas my AC-PRO before, my phone wouldn't even connect
Perfect, because I had to buy the Lite to get a connection out to my driveway area. Now I just need to figure out how to flash my 7150 microbeefer to the firmware ( 08.0.92?) that allows it to play with unleashed

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
Is the intermediate step to solo firmware important? I think I just flashed it straight to unleashed.
Interesting. I have flashed a bunch of r510's straight to Unleashed w/o issues and wasn't aware of such recommendation.

Reactions: Samir

gizzard

Nov 21, 2020
I am curious if anyone has used a R510/R610/R710 in gateway mode as their home router? As I understand, these units can do DHCP, static IP assignments, support vlans, etc. Would a separate firewall be necessary if you connected a ISP modem to the WAN port and an unmanaged switch to the LAN port? I tried to look for switching capabilities of these APs to compare them to other off-the shelf routers but I can't find the specs.

On a related note, if one were to manage a 7 series ICX switch via Unleashed, how much of the settings are available via the GUI (vs via CLI on the switch)?

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
$99 for an R610 is an insane price!
Very pleased that I migrated all my AP AC Pros to R610s for my home. Made a considerable difference

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
Mine arrived today, packaged in a box from R730 without any padding at all which made me a bit nervous. But everything seems to work w/o issues and cosmetically the unit looks pristine. Took 10 minutes to flash it with Unleashed and it happily joined my R510's.

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade my Google wifi mesh / extenders. They work great for the price.
After looking at these threads and considering this deal, I begin searching around for the best deal possible on the eBay and landed on a r720.

This should cover my whole house with no signal losses? I will be installing unleashed for it to run as a master.
What poe injector do I need to run this beefy unit is my main question for now? Anyone can provide a ebay/amazon link to the seller?
I know that the r610 poe injector can found cheap but the r720 requires more power of 33 watts .

I have no experience with these AP and rely upon the information provided by individuals in this forum.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
I'm looking to upgrade my Google wifi mesh / extenders. They work great for the price.
After looking at these threads and considering this deal, I begin searching around for the best deal possible on the eBay and landed on a r720.

This should cover my whole house with no signal losses? I will be installing unleashed for it to run as a master.
What poe injector do I need to run this beefy unit is my main question for now? Anyone can provide a ebay/amazon link to the seller?
I know that the r610 poe injector can found cheap but the r720 requires more power of 33 watts .

I have no experience with these AP and rely upon the information provided by individuals in this forum.
You can find the injector part number below and search for best price around.

1606852256280.png

gizzard

Nov 21, 2020
10 more of these r610's were available this morning and just sold out, again same seller.

Would a 802.3bt (PoE++) injector work? The r720 datasheet doesn't specifically say the AP is compatible with 802.3bt, but it does say PoH or UPoE can be used. Otherwise, the regular power supply (902-1170-US00) can be had at CDW for <$30.

There is a useful table for comparison purposes here: PoE Network Feature, Standards, and Types Overview

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks for the response, I will try the one listed on the first page of this thread for a poe injector.

I figured if the r610 was a good deal for $99, a r720 for $200 would be a steal. After an email with the seller posted on the top of the thread, they had no issues with my offer and quickly accepted it.