Ruckus R600 Open Box $160 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016
Ruckus has excellent performing APs. If i didn't have a few free Meraki's in my home , this brand would be on my short list.

Reactions: Samir

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Ruckus AP's rock, im using them here at home, range is awesome, speed has been great. these are $160 on ebay. one on ebay right now for $120.

im running the r700, running older firmware and using a ZD1100 to manage the 2 i have.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Ruckus AP's rock, im using them here at home, range is awesome, speed has been great. these are $160 on ebay. one on ebay right now for $120.
Yep, that's what I saw too; hence why I'm thinking the same price for a new open box is quite the nice deal. :)

AlphaG

Jun 8, 2017
I would jump on this if I didn't already have an older Ruckus ZD1100 with 7982's in place. The EOL ZD1100 doesn't support anything newer than the R700, and it seems the R600 is newer. Waiting for a deal like this on some R700's but by then I may be better off running newer AP's unleashed!

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
If you like Cisco you can pick up 2802i’s for $250 used these days.

Meraki if your careful can be well priced as the AP license can be had cheap and probably not a bad time to be doing it before the next get WiFi becomes standard.

One thing for sure in my experience be it a Ruckus or Cisco or better Aruba AP’s it’s worth it to spend a bit more on enterprise grade stuff vs the cheap consumer gear.

Living in a condo if only I could convince everybody to turn down the power on their WiFi ! Can see so many network no wonder even with good gear the performance can suffer. In only people knew how to config WiFi somewhat correctly the world would be a better place.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
I would jump on this if I didn't already have an older Ruckus ZD1100 with 7982's in place. The EOL ZD1100 doesn't support anything newer than the R700, and it seems the R600 is newer. Waiting for a deal like this on some R700's but by then I may be better off running newer AP's unleashed!
r700's work fine on the ZD1100, i was running the 7982 before i upgraded to the r700.
i see no point in keeping up with the joneses these days on AP's. im still running 9.8.0.something that was stable on the 7982's.

r700's are $100ish on ebay frequently. both are 3x3:3 streams.

ive heard some people have issues with AP unleashed.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Living in a condo if only I could convince everybody to turn down the power on their WiFi ! Can see so many network no wonder even with good gear the performance can suffer. In only people knew how to config WiFi somewhat correctly the world would be a better place.
Amen to that brother. At the last apartment complex we lived that there were so many xfinity 'hotspots' blaring over the airwaves that 2.4Ghz was completely unusable inside our unit!

Even 5ghz was so bad that I had to upgrade our service to the next tier (300 from 150Mbps) just to have the same 150Mbps we had over wifi when we had no neighbors (complex was brand new when we moved in). When we moved out, an inventory of the airwaves showed over 100 aps visible from our apartment and over 20 with the same strength as our own router. :eek:

I don't use wifi, so I'm not surprised at slow speeds or latency, but my wife was having a fit.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
If you like Cisco you can pick up 2802i’s for $250 used these days.

Meraki if your careful can be well priced as the AP license can be had cheap and probably not a bad time to be doing it before the next get WiFi becomes standard.

One thing for sure in my experience be it a Ruckus or Cisco or better Aruba AP’s it’s worth it to spend a bit more on enterprise grade stuff vs the cheap consumer gear.

Agreed 100%. I'm moving from a mish-mash of different aps to a 5-pack of ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE I picked up for under $50 ea. More aps, less power on each, and completely turning off 2.4ghz radio on about 1/2 of them as it's simply not needed.

I have one legacy Cisco 1260 that is my backup (in the center of the house) in case my unifi controller goes down, but all the tp-links (third party firmware), and various older legacy aps are going away.

manfri

Nov 19, 2015
Better yet, you can have very good results and spend LESS

Aruba AP-135-US Wireless Access Point IAP-135 (E2-668) | eBay

no AC standard but rock solid N at 300mbps, peer to peer controller, and for the first time i find myself not connecting my laptop to a cable.

Mulptiple SSID, captive portal, wifi extender or a bridge to the second eth port... , integrated firewall, if you can name they do..

And the setup time is incredible..

Beware that a power supply or POE switch is required...

AlphaG

Jun 8, 2017
r700's work fine on the ZD1100, i was running the 7982 before i upgraded to the r700.
i see no point in keeping up with the joneses these days on AP's. im still running 9.8.0.something that was stable on the 7982's.

r700's are $100ish on ebay frequently. both are 3x3:3 streams.

ive heard some people have issues with AP unleashed.
I’m happy with my setup, don’t get me wrong. Just contemplating upgrading to AC. Last I checked R700’s were still too much, but $100 would be doable. I need more than a couple.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Agreed 100%. I'm moving from a mish-mash of different aps to a 5-pack of ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE I picked up for under $50 ea. More aps, less power on each, and completely turning off 2.4ghz radio on about 1/2 of them as it's simply not needed.

I have one legacy Cisco 1260 that is my backup (in the center of the house) in case my unifi controller goes down, but all the tp-links (third party firmware), and various older legacy aps are going away.
you dont need the unfi controller running 24/7 unless your running the captive portal. generally doesnt matter if the machine that the unifi controller runs from goes offline or you shut it down, i have many clients that i have the controller shutdown and only turn fire it up to make changes to the AP's.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
I’m happy with my setup, don’t get me wrong. Just contemplating upgrading to AC. Last I checked R700’s were still too much, but $100 would be doable. I need more than a couple.
ive been suprised how good the coverage is with the r700, when i replaced my 7982's, i literally just removed them from the ceiling and put up the r700 on the same brackets and plugged them in. I paid about $200 each for my r700's a number of months ago and i have 2, i have probably 100 AP's visible from my location but have NO issues with the r700 and WiFi.