RS818RP+ works for 1 week then shutsdown

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

d1no69

Jan 17, 2021
Hi all, I am hoping somebody can help me here.

RS818RP+ works for 1 week then shuts down. From here on whenever you boot the power and status light flash , takes 5-10 minutes and it just powers itself off. I have tried removing each HDD (x4), tried removing all drives. The only way to get this back working is to remove the CMOS battery, power it up, wait until it fails and shuts down, pop the same battery back in then its boots normally and lasts another week.

I have tried scheduling a reboot twice a week to see if that gives it the kick it needs but that doesn’t fix it.

This as you can imagine is driving me insane.

INTEL Atom C2538
2048 MB
DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3

Over to you for some idea's

d1no69

Jan 17, 2021
Excellent thank you very much, thats very helpful.

Do we have any idea what Synolgy is planning to do to address this apart from a new board, Does anybody know where I can buy a new uneffected / worked-aorund board?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The C2000 issues generally means you have a dead motherboard, not one that works intermittently like yours. Your best bet is to reach out to Synology for support as the unit should still be under warranty. They are generally quite helpful and responsive.

d1no69

Jan 17, 2021
I picked this device up as part of a job, so alas no warranty or support as no invoice, rang Synology and they didn't want to assist in any way. :-(

My only choices are to buy a replacement board or buy a diffferent NAS and move drives over.

Thank you both for you help.