Rosewill RSV-L4411 w/ 12 Sata HotSwap Drives 149.99 free shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Very cool. I have been wondering how the Rosewill product development has been coming along.

What's really interesting about this (to me at least) is that it looks like there are 3x 4-in-3 hot swap enclosures in the chassis. Each with 4x 7-pin connectors and 2 molex connectors. Interesting since each one is generally $70+ each.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I was thinking the same thing, the hot swap cages are not cheap. I figured $150 was a nice price. Now I am going to have to figure out which motherboard to put in it! LOL.
I am going to take the 8 hitachi and 4 western digital re3 drives from the other two servers and drop them into this.
Since I have a core i3 in my hyper v box, this is another justification to get a xeon.

Last edited:

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
I have the Rosewill chassis this chassis looks to be built on. Built quality is a little better than the Norco I have, but worse than the Chenbro or Supermicros I have worked with. Looking at camelegg, lowest this has been was $170.

soundscribe

Mar 26, 2012
Did any of you folks end up getting one of these? I see it's back ordered until mid January.

I put my build project on hiatus last spring -- my $200 el cheapo craigslist special running ZFS is working like a charm -- but it's time to upgrade.

Last edited:

soundscribe

Mar 26, 2012
Thanks for pointing me toward the review. Newegg web site says it is backordered until Jan 25. Hopefully they will get some more of these. Looks perfect for my needs.