Rosewill L4412 and RSV-R26LX rails...any experience?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I just came into a rack that's built to comply with the 19" standard and I want to rack my Rosewill L4412. But I'm reading a LOT of conflicting reports about the Rosewill "universal" rails and how the rails + combined with most of Rosewill's rack chassis simply don't fit, don't sit flush, or otherwise cause other issues(such as the handles on the cases preventing the door from closing.

I saw a thread on here where someone did a build in the 4411 and used the rails to success after "removing a significant amount of aluminum". But he hasn't been around since 2012 so I don't think he'll be able to help :p.

Anyone have experiencing mounting this chassis with either these rails or others and can provide some insight as to what they did to make it work or provide a link to some good rails that will work?

Hanss

Apr 3, 2013
Cornfield
I just came into a rack that's built to comply with the 19" standard and I want to rack my Rosewill L4412. ...
This enclosure is too wide for the installation of "universal" ball slide rails. IMHO, that slide shelves would be less problems.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
edit: nevermind, you're just suggesting a shelf that I can set the server on that slides in out like a sliding server? I'll check around and see if I can find on relatively inexpensive.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
totally agree:
use a 1 U tray or cheap tray for Rosewill server case.
1U 19" Sliding Rack Tray Audio Computer Rackmount | eBay

Rosewill dimension is not standard, yes.. you need to remove the handles and do a little tweak.
I followed a thread that discussing on how to put on rail-maunted.
and gave up since got replaced with SM 3U server case from ebay, which fits and not hassle to handle :D

my suggestion for the future plan:
if you need peace of mind not doing hacking to put on server rack, get used SM server case that is easy to find. 2U, 4U and some 3U.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks, but you deposit a new problem - the height.
And does not solve the original - who's to say the width of the tray?
this solve the problem.
simple, 4U became 4 1/2U :p..

not a problem mostly since not all rack are fully occupied.

I know, some rosewill owner did what I mentioned on my post.
some thread was on avsforum too :p... but a way back in years...
and some old SM 846 did the sameway...
many people want to make it quick solution, but not me :p.
this was the reasone I swapped with SM server case with rails

Last edited:

Hanss

Apr 3, 2013
Cornfield
edit: nevermind, you're just suggesting a shelf that I can set the server on that slides in out like a sliding server? I'll check around and see if I can find on relatively inexpensive.
The main thing is to save the width (clearance or aperture) rack.

Ideal - is to use the shelf list Accessories rack manufacturer.

Then - universal.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
^^
first, your L shaped does not give robust foundation on server case, 1U server case should be OK,
4U with many drives, is No on my understanding.

secondly, you add 1U closed box drawer, this is not cheap, more $$$

my solution is simple. and max is $60 or some seller can accept offer $50 or lower...
cons is 1U space is wasted..

rosewill server case is not real 19" :D... they are less width than regulare server case.
I have 2. used one, and one brand new that I bough ehem 3 years ago..
was planning to used both, but got hassle to mounted on the rack :D.

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
8u IBM blade chassis came with L brackets like the ones above and those weigh quite a bit more than either case that is mentioned.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I do not understand ...
I think, I got wrong understanding from your picture. what a big picture
you solution is not safe than my suggestion since you can not use L shape only to hold fully 4U server.

L shape is good for 1U server

canta

Nov 26, 2014
8u IBM blade chassis came with L brackets like the ones above and those weigh quite a bit more than either case that is mentioned.
if you can get that and get it cheap :D.
I have one from old rack from my previous job, very solid, I am using to put my 2U APC UPS ( not metal body, mostly is plastic and not rack friendly

my suggestion is always use full tray for holding 4 U with full of drives, very heavy.
since full tray would spread the load evenly.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I think I'll just see if anyone wants to take the rosewill off my hands cheap locally and get a SC846 chassis lol. I was going to want one of those anyway.