ROG Dominus Extreme

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The closest thing to the Xeon W-3175X, which I believe is the only CPU Intel will be releasing for this, is the Xeon Platinum 8180. Seeing as MSRP on those is over $10k and this CPU is higher clocked to start and unlocked on top of that, I imagine it will be even more expensive.

So, per my wallet, nope. :(

_Adrian_

Jun 25, 2012
Leduc, AB
I hope they make it compatible with all Xeon Scalable processors and not only the 3175X, because that would be quite stupid if you make a motherboard to be compatible for only 1 CPU!!

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
The only thing embedded about this is the amount of gold you'd need to dig up to afford it...

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I hope they make it compatible with all Xeon Scalable processors and not only the 3175X, because that would be quite stupid if you make a motherboard to be compatible for only 1 CPU!!
You do know that Intel has done exactly that before? Skulltrail was sold a single board + CPU SKU platform (D5400XS + QX9775). I don't see why anyone would want to purchase this board for anything but the intended processor. If you aren't going to be overclocking, which you wouldn't be with any other CPU, there are plenty of 3647 workstation motherboards, which can offer way more IO. Get a Supermicro X11DPG-QT instead.

Last edited: