RNDP6000-100NAS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

echo87

Aug 17, 2015
Uppsala, Sweden
I don't have that model, but I used to have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 and currently own a ReadyNAS RN104. Never using Netgear again. A month away from a Synology DS1815+ with two expansion chassis instead or building my own box.

If you can go in a different way I recommend Synology. Easier, better support and just feels a lot smoother

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
That was the general thought I had of them. would not be my first choice. That said I have located one for about $200, I thought perhaps at that price it would be a bit hard to beat.

ZPE_Alvin

Nov 18, 2015
Used ReadyNAS for past 10 years without any major issues. New OS is getting better, but you want to get the hardware with enough memory and CPU to run the Apps. Sorry, been away from NAS business.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I can never wrap my head around why anyone would choose one of these crummy pre-rolled NAS appliances instead of DIY ZFS NAS. You get much better performance for your dollar, and these ext4 or btrfs (at best) based systems do not stack up to ZFS in features and reliability.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
I have bought synology boxes to send with my researchers when they travel in the field. The UI is simple in case they need to change things and it works great for a small workgroup. I could send a DIY box but then need to make sure it is bulletproof. On the other hand, local tech support can help fix a synology system.

Reactions: CreoleLakerFan

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I have bought synology boxes to send with my researchers when they travel in the field. The UI is simple in case they need to change things and it works great for a small workgroup. I could send a DIY box but then need to make sure it is bulletproof. On the other hand, local tech support can help fix a synology system.
Makes perfect sense.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I am not saying I would prefer that netgear for my use by any means. There was one for sale local with 6 4TB Seagate enterprise disks. I was going to pick it up for the disks. From there was trying to determine if i could get anything at all out of the NAS itself.