RJ45 Cable tester that can certified copper cable to 10Gbps

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Do you guys know of Copper cable tester that cost around $1K, and can test and certified CAT6 runs up to 10Gbps ?

I dont mind a used equipment as long as it is in good condition and can certify ethernet runs up to 10Gbps.

Cixelyn

Researcher
Nov 7, 2018
San Francisco
has anyone used one of the new PoE Microscanners? would be nice to hear some real world experience -- it's hard to find reviews online.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
The new POE microscanners looks promising at that price. I will look into it.

Below is the best video I found about the product and what it can do with samples.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Looks like amazon have them for just a tad over $600, I am seriously considering this even only for my home usage :)

tsteine

May 15, 2019
The Fluke Microscanner PoE doesn't do certification does it? It just tests if the cable is capable of supporting a 10GBE link.

A certification device tests if the cable is conforming to a CAT* spec, crosstalk, shielding, etc etc.

I believe the Fluke Microscanner PoE is a cable tester, which simply tests if it's able to negotiate a 10GBE link on the cable, it's not meant to be used as a cable certifier i believe.

Reactions: Aestr