Right Screws for 2,5" HDD and HP Cage?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
sry I mean such Trays or who you ever call this:

I orderd both from different seller. Some with a HDD and emty one who I will put in some spare HDD.
It seem the Screws fit into other 2,5 HDD so theoretically other Screws should fit to.

I have nothing to measure the right size.

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
sry I mean such Trays or who you ever call this:

I orderd both from different seller. Some with a HDD and emty one who I will put in some spare HDD.
It seem the Screws fit into other 2,5 HDD so theoretically other Screws should fit to.

I have nothing to measure the right size.
if these are your trays, no need to worry about screw head sticking out of the tray (and the tray not fitting inside the cage. no worry).

your concern should be the diameter of screw head. so it will not go through the hole all the way...just measure the diameter of the whole..

as i can see, any m3 screw will fit. as example already said...m3 * 5 (5=is the length, 5mm). m3 is diameter of screw, 3mm.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
The Seagate I drive work with the HP screw from one tray. So i guess its the "default" size?!
The Head look more angled than the one from Ebay. I could not found any other on ebay.
Are there other someone can recommend?

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
i dont have anything to measure.
I got a Seagate 2,5 HDD where the Screw fit in.
So the screw are the default size but with the head i am not sure.

edge

Apr 22, 2013
Buy several different screws and use which ever ones work. It's not like screws are expensive.