Reset BIOS Supermicro X10DRi-T4+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
Hello
Bought a used server with X10DRi-T4+ MB, where the BIOS is password protected. Guy, who I bought from, does not remember it. Wondering how to restore it?

Best regards,
Sejtan

Gleep52

Mar 3, 2021
I’m in the same boat - what did you do to get it cleared? Resetting CMOS doesn’t seem to work.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
it could be done by taking out of the battery and short the JBT1 to clear the CMOS.

Gleep52

Mar 3, 2021
Shorting the JBT1 to clear the CMOS and removing battery first - did let me into the bios once, but after a reboot it seems to go back to the previously saved settings. I used RUFUS to create a freedos bootable usb drive and putting the latest bios on the flashdrive. Using F11 to choose boot menu mode would also prompt for a stupid bios password - so I had to remove all my devices and boot drives and leave just the rufus usb stick in and it eventually booted off it and I was able to erase the bios and update it using this method. Clearing the CMOS just did not get rid of the password. But updating it did clear the password properly.