request: front page articles

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Request: for every front page article can there be a forum thread where we can talk about them? I know there's a way to comment on the article right there on the article itself but it feels better if it were here in the forums.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Super question. I do want to have a real WP-> XF integration. The best way currently requires using the same DB and these sit on different servers with different DB sets so the last time I checked, it would take a lot of work.

BUT! I do really want to do this.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I agree, keeps the discussion going and consistent people/names for the comments. Feeds the forums too
Exactly. Many steps in between though. Not the least of which is also figuring out how to import years of existing comments. There have also been over 800,000 spam comments blocked in WP just over the last six months.

It is on a list, trying to get time to do it.

Reactions: nickscott18

NeverDie

Jan 28, 2015
USA
Request: for every front page article can there be a forum thread where we can talk about them? I know there's a way to comment on the article right there on the article itself but it feels better if it were here in the forums.
+1
For whatever reason the forum does seem to foster a deeper analysis/discussion, whereas the non-forum that follows an article seems to foster a few pithy comments and then the thread quickly dies.

Reactions: gigatexal

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the offer. Let me see if I can build something in the next few weeks to do this in an automated fashion.

bash

Dec 14, 2015
scottsdale
I have done this with vbulletin using posting API. Im sure something code be coded for xenforo.