replication

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
I always thought that dataset(s) on destination systems are created in read-only mode, and in fact this is also written in the doc.

The target dataset on the destination system is created in read-only mode to protect the data. To mount or browse the data on the destination system, use a clone of the snapshot. Clones are created in read/write mode, making it possible to browse or mount them. See Snapshots for more details.
but my datasets at destination are read-write, does anyone knows why?
of course I didn't changed the dataset properies manually, just created snapshots and then replication tasks

(FreeNAS-11.2-U6)

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I do not know if FreeNas replication sets the destination filesystem to readonly (like I do in napp-it). The ZFS replication process itself does not so you can write. But you must aware that prior next replication a rollback is executed what discards any changes,

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
yes I did some tests and changes are removed (on destination) when the new snapshot sync is performed
tbh for me is all fine, I'm just wondering why the documentation is stating something completely different from what I have, since I didn't changed anything.