Repair - Supermicro 833T-653B

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I got my cheap Supermicro 833T-653B with an E3-1270v3 and 32gb today. Unfortunately, the package wasn't good and it totally broke during the odyssey from Germany to Malta. The result can be seen in the pictures. People these days just don't care. Damage complain already filed. But this case appears not to be used in any way in the past and very new. Therefore I would like to get the bend corners straight again. I just love these 213-833-835 3U cases ...

How do I do that? I don't want to go the 'Hammer-Force' way. The case itself is still straight. Nothing else except the corners ... Is someone here working with metal every day and may has a tip on how to get these corners straight again?

Thanks.

S833_1.jpg

S833_2.jpg

S833_3.jpg

adgenet

Apr 12, 2016
Damage like this is easily remedied by bending the damage back with pliers (wrap the jaws to prevent marring the surface), or flattening it in a vise, or even putting the damaged portion against a flat surface and hammering it with a big piece of wood from the back. Takes very little effort.

Reactions: Samir and gb00s

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Oh my, you really have bad luck...
Luck ... lol. Yes ;)

Don't get me wrong, I got this new case including a new X10SLL-F with 32GB and a new 1270v3 pls a brand new 9211-i4 and a weird 4port network card for 130EUR incl shipping. So luck in the sale, bad luck with the shipment. I'm not angry or mad about the seller. No no. But these freight people from DHL or Maltapost ... Jesus. Ok, the packaging wasn't as good as how you sent me your 216, but hey this weighs 32kg. How on earth can you not be careful with it.

Ok, thanks for the link. I will read through and may contact @Venturi.

Damage like this is easily remedied by bending the damage back with pliers (wrap the jaws to prevent marring the surface), or flattening it in a vise, or even putting the damaged portion against a flat surface and hammering it with a big piece of wood from the back. Takes very little effort.

Many thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yep, this is basically what I've done except I didn't wrap the jaws so there was marring. :( flattening it with a vice, using wood blocks and hammering, etc would restore it better, but in my case I just needed it to work and didn't care how bad it looked.