refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7050 Desktops starting at $115

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Did you add the item to the cart and enter the coupon code? 50% off. But ship to US addresses only.

Reactions: Samir

klui

Feb 3, 2019
You've never or seldom purchased retail, even at a supermarket?

It's been this way for over a decade. Before that you paid full price and need to fill out a form and mail it through post and then wait to get money, debit card, or if they were assholes credit for a future purchase. The form had to accompany the box's UPC code, no photocopies. At that time companies hope people forget and don't claim the value of the coupon. My friend made a pretty penny creating and selling a company that helped people find deals like that.

If you were running some company would you automatically qualify all customers on savings?

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
You've never or seldom purchased retail, even at a supermarket?
I do several times a week - and shit like this is not legal in Denmark - if you say something is 40% off, its 40% off, not with a caveat. Thank god I am not living in countries where shenanigans like this is legal.

If you were running some company would you automatically qualify all customers on savings?
I would - both because its illegal to do otherwise (unless its first come first serve kind of situation, i.e. first 40 customers gets 40% off) - and because I believe everyone should be treated the same.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Clearly your country, and infact region treat all people much better than the US. Not saying I like it but need play the game the way these stacked hands are dealt. I've always hated those first x customers get xyz. I'm not scoping out deals 24x7, even when I had all the time in the world.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I do several times a week - and shit like this is not legal in Denmark - if you say something is 40% off, its 40% off, not with a caveat. Thank god I am not living in countries where shenanigans like this is legal.

I would - both because its illegal to do otherwise (unless its first come first serve kind of situation, i.e. first 40 customers gets 40% off) - and because I believe everyone should be treated the same.
This is why I have to someday visit Denmark... :) I would like to live in a place that has rules like this in place. Shenanigans only profit the profiteers.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Does anyone know if the 7050 Micro supports Intel vPro? Or do I need a 70x0 for that?
It depends on how Dell configured it I think. The 7000 series can be configured for full ikvm amt/vpro or fully disabled ME. You can always hack full amt/vpro in after the fact as well if you research it and spend the time.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Not according to this post. Optiplex 7040 Enable AMT

If it didn't come with AMT enabled you can't re-enable it. Bootup messages and label inside the cover will tell you what it came with.

The dell support forums aren't gonna help you accomplish anything meaningful 90% of the time. Just sales guys towing the company line, the most technical thing they have done on a computer is open outlook and make powerpoint presentations.

Ymmv, try not to brick your machine, have a chip programmer handy.
Optiplex 5050 - Intel FIT Build Error

unmesh

Apr 17, 2017
It depends on how Dell configured it I think. The 7000 series can be configured for full ikvm amt/vpro or fully disabled ME. You can always hack full amt/vpro in after the fact as well if you research it and spend the time.
I looked at a number of Ebay listings and only some of them show the side with the Intel sticker, and of those, only some stickers have the word vPro.

Unlike the Lenovo M920q where you are assured vPro is configured.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
I looked at a number of Ebay listings and only some of them show the side with the Intel sticker, and of those, only some stickers have the word vPro.

Unlike the Lenovo M920q where you are assured vPro is configured.
I have 7060 SFF that have "VPRO" stickers on the outside of the case but have all ME disabled and it is shown on the inside sticker.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
My 7050 micro arrived and it has vPro and TPM enabled. Power adapter, keyboard, and mouse seem like new but the computer has a lot of dust bunnies. Option port cable (display port) was disconnected. The original service tag didn't have a SATA HD bracket but they included one. Original had Win7 but they installed Win10.

M.2 SATA had ~10 months' total power on hours over a span of 4 years.

diode

Mar 13, 2023
By any chance, would the 7050 be sufficient to stream 2-3 instances of Jellyfin?

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
the 7th gen igpu is pretty good. My 7700k can handle 2x 4k to 4k transcodes. More if it's 4k to 1080p.
Transcode performance should be the same for slower 7th gen cpus as well, it doesn't really depend on clock speed or cores.

diode

Mar 13, 2023
Thanks for the quick response. Seems like it's a good option for my use case. I heard about this deal on the self-hosted podcast and wanted to take advantage of it.

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
My 7050 came with M.2 SSD reporting SMART errors after I enabled it in the BIOS. I've got a $25 refund to buy a new drive, but it took over 30 minutes of waiting on the phone to talk with an agent.
BTW. don't try to email Dell support. They can't help with Dell Refurbished purchases. You have to call 1-800-891-8595

Reactions: Rcdriver