Recommended SuperMicro retailers?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

stupidcr0w

Mar 1, 2021
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a SuperMicro embedded IOT board, case, and registered ECC RAM. I haven't had much luck finding a US retailer for what I'm looking for, despite calling a number of businesses on the "where to buy" page. Most of these guys just don't seem very enthusiastic because it's a small order. Prices appear to be inflated on Amazon, and Newegg / Newegg Business don't have any of the items I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I’ve had good luck using Dihuni.com finding SM parts that are not up on their website. If you know the SM part number message them and they may be able to source it/price it for you.

I used to use SuperBiiz.com for this but they closed their direct web store...

stupidcr0w

Mar 1, 2021
@PigLover, thanks! I found another post from 2017 with recommendations and some of the retailer sites look downright dodgy. Granted, if someone here recommends them, I'll give it a chance.

I've been building my own systems (in one way, shape, or form) since 1999. SuperMicro boards seem to be a good guarantee for Linux compatibility, whereas everything in the mainstream PC sector seems to have gone the way of "Xtrem3 Gaming." I live in major metropolitan area, and most of the local computer businesses who can order SuperMicro don't seem to be very interested in doing so.

Angus

Mar 3, 2015
I've bought stuff from work from SiliconeMechanics so far been great no issues.. not sure if they will have exactly what you are after though..

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I have ordered lots of things through Broadberry in the UK (ships to US faster than some US companies somehow) and ThinkMate / SourceCode in the past.
Thinkmate - Server, Workstation & OEM Solutions / Source Code | Data Center and Edge Computing Solutions, HPC, AI, IoT

They both do a decent number of custom build / odd config projects for clients all over so don't shy away pinging the sales teams if your item isn't on the main site's pages. I just call the guys with the part #s of SM's page and spec out the whole box I want them to quote.

That said, all the business have to make some $ in the process and for the lower volume SM SKU's they can't wiggle on the price as much so YMMV. Might have luck going through the more embedded vendors if you want to save some $ but willing to wait.
SBCs/COMs/Embedded PCs - Vendor Directory has a list but may be more their own embedded stuff vs resales of SM.

BlueLineSwinger

Mar 11, 2013
Superbiiz
Provantage
CDW

Central Computers if you're near the Bay Area and looking for a walk-in retailer.