Recommended Reading Material for Non-tech Savvy Users??

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I have some co-workers who are more on the secretary, management, administration side of things (ie. no technical background) that want to gain some foundational knowledge on how computer systems, networks, servers work. We're talking fairly low level stuff. I'm having trouble finding anything that's dumbed down. Can anyone recommend some good resources/reading material?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
"For Dummies" books maybe? (No experience with them but they seem to sell good?)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
All the ones I've seen are from the early to mid 2000's. I'd prefer to give them material as recent as possible.
Didn't realize they were not updated, seems odd if they're still for sale 'new' too!

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
CompTIA A+ course work/ study guide would probably be a good foundation, even the earlier versions should still allow them to get a handle on it all. I'm sure there's plenty of resources available with a quick giggle search :)