Recommendations on Building a Monero Miner

What do you recommend for best monero hash?

• EPYC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XEON E7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple GPU's

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Multiple CPU's

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

millermoo36

Dec 14, 2017
Hello,

I would like to build a Monero mining computer with a great hash rate between $5-$15K as the budget or effectively produce a hash rate of above 3500 h/s

I've been looking into using a build with a EPYC cpu. Likewise, I have also been considering buying 10-20 GPU's and combining them for a miner, or buying 5-10 cpu's and putting them into a server.

I would like to hear your advice on building a Monero mining supermachine that does this and whether I should go for a EPYC or dual xeon e7's etc. Additionally, how much DDR4 2666 ram should I have if going with the EPYC or xeon. I am reletively new at mining so Please share your advice. I would love to listen and learn more.

Thank you!

chilipepperz

Mar 17, 2016
Is there a none of the above? If you're spending your own money 3.5KH is only $360/mo and falling since difficulty has been going up.

EPYC is better. Mining needs no RAM. GPUs are the best.

Reactions: millermoo36

millermoo36

Dec 14, 2017
Is there a none of the above? If you're spending your own money 3.5KH is only $360/mo and falling since difficulty has been going up.

EPYC is better. Mining needs no RAM. GPUs are the best.

I'm considering buying 10 AmD Radeon RX 580's. What do you think about that for a rig?

chilipepperz

Mar 17, 2016
I'm considering buying 10 AmD Radeon RX 580's. What do you think about that for a rig?
Vega56 / Vega64 if you're building today. Even then it'll be tough to turn a profit.

You're better off just buying Monero directly and holding if you think it's going up.