recommendation for a 19" Serverrack (here in good old Europe)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Hi
Now I want upgrade my "Serverroom" and want a propper construction who fit all needs a IT Admin this Days have.
I got an offer from a well known Company for a 42HE, 1000cm deep for 1.903,04€ Tax include. Well thats way more I want to spend.
I dont know how to look for a "used" one. The problem is the must be in a Reach who we could take it appart and transport it.
Thanks

psc

Jun 30, 2019
I'm in the UK and I picked up an Eaton (Cooper B-Line) on eBay for £50, which I'm really happy with. You can technically disassemble it to transport flat, but it would be a good bit of work. I think most of the HP, Dell, etc racks are welded, but when I was searching I wasn't shy about asking the seller if I couldn't tell. The other clue is to look at the delivery\packaging info on the manufacturer's site for new units; I assume it'll be cheaper to ship flat-pack, and so if they could they would.

If you've got the time, just set an alert and see what turns up; filter by max distance. Full-size racks seem to come and go fairly regularly.

psc

Jun 30, 2019
If I search on eBay UK for just "42U" and sort on price I get several cheap options. YMMV elsewhere, I guess.