recapcha overlay on sth mobile (main site - ui issue)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
first off , The layout of servethehome AND the forums really is beautiful. very clean efficient and pleasing. (on pc and mobile/tablet , The often impossible to achieve trifecta! )

i’ve noticed on mobile (iOS Safari), there’s a pretty large google recapcha floating overlay icon thing (div) in the bottom right corner.

I think this is a recent/new addition, but it’s kind of annoying and I’m not sure what its purposes is. (Maybe DDOS protection or some kind of spam, I would understand it on the forums, but the main site needs captcha? ) also you can’t tap it as it doesn’t link anywhere (ie to get info on it) .

not a big deal but just a heads up in case sth weren’t aware of it. I was able to remove it through my AdGuard (or similar name) ios app/addon.

i’m on my phone currently so I’m going to try posting a screenshot below, if I can’t I’ll update this thread tomorrow with the phone screenshot when i get to a PC.

Thanks

Last edited:

james23

Nov 18, 2014

sorry, had to use a image hosting site bc couldn’t upload to fourm from phone