Reasonable Price for 256GB = 16x16GB DDR3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Magnet

Jan 25, 2018
North Florida
First off, this is not a for sale thread. I won't be selling this until I'm done testing.

I am just trying to determine a reasonable amount to sell my RAM for. I have been using some of this RAM in my Dell T610, running some VMs in my house (Plex, Blue Iris, and some others). I am running it all through memtest for a few days to make sure there are no errors, the last batch is scanning now and all looks good. I have not had any issues with the RAM since I bought it new, but I am selling the server and the RAM seems better sold alone.

I am looking for a fair price to sell (preferably as a lot):

256GB = 16x SAMSUNG 16GB M393B2K70DMB-YH9

Each module is:
16GB DDR3 ECC 240-Pin RAM
BUS SPEED: 1333MHZ DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
DATA INTEGRITY CHECK: ECC
SIGNAL PROCESSING: REGISTERED
CAS LATENCY TIMINGS: CL9
RANK FEATURES: QUAD RANK X4
VOLTAGE: 1.35V

Looking at ebay, $65-70 is the going rate for used modules matching this description.
This RAM goes in a bunch of different servers.
PIC of Sticker

Any thoughts?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
So for starters since you're still testing these and the market is so volatile any price recommendations will likely change some by the time you're ready to sell.

You've started off right by looking at ebay prices. It seems like you're searching for listings currently for sale. When trying to price items I find it more useful to filter for sold items as you can actually see what people were willing to pay. Seeing something listed for $200 just means someone wants that much, not that anyone will buy it for that.

M393B2K70DMB-YH9 | eBay

Sold listings show most sales in the $45-$55 range with the odd single module going for $65. There are active listings right now where you could buy these for $55 each. If you list above the going rate you might eventually sell when all the other items are gone, but if sellers keep adding inventory at prices lower than yours it will just sit so you need to consider how quickly you want a sale.

If you're looking to sell here on the forums consider knocking some off your ebay price as you won't be paying fees to ebay. Most buyers here know that and will be expecting it.