Re-Gaining SSD Performance, Reclaiming General Windows 7 Performance - WIPE TIME!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I have had 2x 128 GB Crucial M4's in RAID 0 Windows 7 installed for a year now. The latest Intel Drivers do support TRIM in RAID 0, I verified TRIM is running. I generally do not last a year on a Windows install, 6 months is typical, because Windows.
I used to get around 1020 MB reads, I get all but 740 MB reads now that the drives are half full, and questionable write amplification, It's that time.
I have some screwy behavior with the system, specifically related to the display sub-system and sleep, as well as erratic behavior with the MMC when running @ 5760x1080 resolutions. I have put up with this crap for about 3 weeks now, and have no desire to troubleshoot it.
I have been using Parted Magic for some time now, it works pretty nicely.

I have a fun evening in front of me :/

white-hot

Jan 8, 2013
Sounds very familiar....

I, too, have had to do much the same thing myself. I have found that each new version of windows tends to last a little bit longer than the last. i keep hoping they will get it right at some point. I remember windows 98 never made it past 6 months for me. XP might get a year but usually less. Windows 7(I skip Vista completely, as everyone should have) has been about a year on average on all the families machines before it gets bad enough to merit a fresh image. Speaking of which, it's about time on my workstation....

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
Got every thing back in order. The SSD's benched @ 972 MB, I will take it, albeit they are slower than new :( . No more flakiness and my system is like it never happened.