Raspberry Pi 3+ and FLIRC case for about $40

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
There are two deals going on right now that I think make a great combo:

Google Express

$30-$6(coupon HOLIDAY18 for 20% off, max $20) + tax. In the end, it came out to $27 per RPi3+ for me. I got 3, since I just used up my last 2 RPi3.

Separate deal, but here's a sale on the FLIRC aluminum case for RPi3. The case acts as heatsink and is probably by far the best case I've seen for RPi3:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...scsubtag=29eed6c8f26b11e8bc64aef906d31fd80INT

It's $13 and Amazon Prime.

gzorn

Jan 10, 2017
Does that include the power supply? I can't actually tell from the listing on google. The Fry's listing suggests that it doesn't.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Does that include the power supply? I can't actually tell from the listing on google. The Fry's listing suggests that it doesn't.
No power supply. But keep in mind, this version of the RPi supports PoE. So you might consider that option depending on your needs.

Reactions: aij and gzorn

aij

May 7, 2017
No power supply. But keep in mind, this version of the RPi supports PoE. So you might consider that option depending on your needs.
I tried to power my Raspberry Pi 3 B with PoE to no avail. Seems only the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ "supports PoE", and even then, only if you get a PoE HAT for it.

Avoiding the extra cable does seem convenient though.

Dawg10

Associate
Dec 24, 2016
I tried to power my Raspberry Pi 3 B with PoE to no avail. Seems only the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ "supports PoE", and even then, only if you get a PoE HAT for it.

Avoiding the extra cable does seem convenient though.
I went through this with my first B+; the inline PoE 5V breakout adapters are a half Watt short of what the pi needs. They work fine on my 3 non-plus models.