Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Stockholm syndrome but for a seller of goods online... what term should we invent for this? o_O

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
:( Just wanted my hard drives for an early Christmas. Am I asking for too much?
I hear yah, I had a few projects I needed a bunch of space for. Fortunately I managed to pick up a bunch of 8tb drives on black Friday for a good price, not nearly as good as Geen's but maybe he'll come back on here and off me some more ;). It looks like my CC charges were automatically refunded yesterday, the only thing left is the paypal dispute but they assured me it would get reversed as well. I would like to file a police report on this guy, if anyone has any useful info (like city, real name, etc) I can use I would appreciate it!

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
I hear yah, I had a few projects I needed a bunch of space for. Fortunately I managed to pick up a bunch of 8tb drives on black Friday for a good price, not nearly as good as Geen's but maybe he'll come back on here and off me some more ;). It looks like my CC charges were automatically refunded yesterday, the only thing left is the paypal dispute but they assured me it would get reversed as well. I would like to file a police report on this guy, if anyone has any useful info (like city, real name, etc) I can use I would appreciate it!
Read back through the thread, there's a bunch.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Sense he is now fully ignoring me I am too unhappy with him. He seemed to have quite an interest in my homelab so I embedded a link to my site with an Imgur link of my lab AND an IP tracker within. He seemed to really like it because he logged in 3 times within 24 hours, twice from his phone, once from home. Someone is not so smart! I will release the IPs when I get home.

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
Wow, this thread has gotten huge and has been one heck of a trip reading through.

Thanks to @NSKA it would seem that scammers will probably think twice before messing with a bunch of techies haha

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Here's some juicy info on our friend Geene, I left him a final note.

"You’ve got one more chance in my books, I’m the only one that has been giving you the benefit of the doubt, I’m also the one with the most info and have done the most digging on you. Don’t make me call the Spring Branch Central, Houston police…"

Hopefully, he makes a wise decision. Here are some IPs and info that I quickly grabbed. Geene - Click to see more photos

Reactions: SycoPath

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I'd be glad to donate my 62Ghz and 384GB of memory (my vSphere lab) and 105Mbps conn to a coordinated DDOS/'make his life HELL' campaign! :-D

HAH I kid wink wink :-D

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I'd be glad to donate my 62Ghz and 384GB of memory (my vSphere lab) and 105Mbps conn to a coordinated DDOS/'make his life HELL' campaign! :-D

HAH I kid wink wink :-D
Eh I don't really like illegal activity, maybe a better way is to give info to the fed and they take care.

Reactions: Stack

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
This guy is a laughing stock, he's got his read receipts on and I can clearly see he's reading and ignoring me.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Eh I don't really like illegal activity, maybe a better way is to give info to the fed and they take care.
Yeah I was totally kidding, this clown has been a royal PITA but we will have to take the high road. Hopefully everyone is getting their refunds and he is just being uncommunicative.